3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2010 1:05 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

Facing problem in Java Swing

Hi Sir,

I am using a java GUI Object for taking user name and password (in fields of user name and password) and would like to send the information to a server (in the form of Xml file) on the click of 'Ok' button. The database of registered user is stored on server. If the entered users name or passwords are not correct, the server will send a failure notification to the client (terminal where we typed user name and password). If this is successful, it gives a success notification.

I am doing this using Swings. Also I want all the communication taking place between the server and the client in the form of XML files. being a new to Swings I am facing certain difficulty.

I will appreciate your suggestions and help in this regard.

Thanks and regards,

Sarib

• 1. Re: Facing problem in Java Swing
          EJP
          I am facing certain difficulty.
          That means nothing to anybody. And either your title is wrong or you are posting in the wrong forum. If you want help here you will have to ask a proper and relevant question first.
          • 2. Re: Facing problem in Java Swing
            Hi EJP,

Thanks for your message. Actually I am very new to Java.
            Could you please tell me under which category I should post this query. I could not find JAVA Swing section anywhetre in forum home.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Facing problem in Java Swing
              jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
              817439 wrote:
              Could you please tell me under which category I should post this query. I could not find JAVA Swing section anywhetre in forum home.
              Steps
              1. Determine what it is that you want the database to do and what you want your code to do. This does NOT involve writing code.
              2. Learn JDBC
              3. Write JDBC classes that does ONLY the database functionality from 1. If it has GUI (swing) code then it is wrong.
              4. Unit test it.
              5. Learn Swing
              6. Write GUI (swing) code that uses the code from 3.
              7. Test it.

There is a forum for JDBC - steps 2,3,4.
              There is a forum for Swing - steps 5, 6, 7.