This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 11:29 PM by 769905 RSS

Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?

769905 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
is there a way to view all bugs on JMS client side done to JMQ from this build on?

we have a problem that clients with this version consume a lot memory when receiving large payloads, till they receive a small payload. so it seems that the buffers are never freed but resized when they receive the next message.

regards chris
  • 1. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    ak Explorer
    4.1 patch 2 is a very old release that should be upgraded. You can try bugs.sun.com (search jms_api), http://java.net/jira/browse/MQ and internal bugster to view MQ JMS client bugs.

MQ client runtime packet layer code has a major change around 4.4 release time frame to use the same underline Packet class as broker uses.
  • 2. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    769905 Newbie
    hi ak,

thanks for the tip.
    did not find anything similar on jira. bugs.sun.com is not available anymore?

regards chris
  • 3. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    nigeldeakin Explorer
    Chris,

bugs.sun.com is still available. This shows all the bugs in the internal bug database. The searching tools are rather limited but every bug is there. It does seem to fail occasionally, but when I tried it a moment ago I was able to search for "jms_api" which have a long list of bugs.

Another way to search for bugs is to visit the main Oracle search page at
    http://search.oracle.com/search/search
    and enter the following as the search term:
    jms_api site:bugs.sun.com

As for the specific issue you mention: please do see if you can reproduce it using the latest version.

Nigel
  • 4. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    769905 Newbie
    hi nigel,

i have now upgraded to
    ================================================================================
    GlassFish(tm) Message Queue 4.4
    Oracle
    Version: 4.4 Update 2 Patch 1 (Build 1-c)
    Compile: Thu Aug 5 00:16:16 PDT 2010

Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
    ================================================================================
    for client and to
    Open Message Queue 4.4
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    Version: 4.4 (Build 11-d)
    Compile: Wed Jul 1 23:16:24 PDT 2009

Copyright (c) 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.

the issue still exists but my support through goldstar.stc.com is not valid anymore (readonly) and oracle did not suceed to migrate all the open issues and to give me a valid CID for support.oralce.com.

reproduction of the issue is very easy.

regards chris
  • 5. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    nigeldeakin Explorer
    Chris,

Please report this in the Open MQ Issue Tracker (JIRA)
    http://java.net/jira/browse/MQ

Please provide as much information as possible to allow us to reproduce the issue, ideally by supplying a test case which we can run.

Nigel
  • 6. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    769905 Newbie
    hi nigel,

to sum it up. i am not shure if it really fits there. we have the following problem and i think it is based in JMSJCA which i think uses JMS_API.

whenever a client in glassfish version "Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b08-p03)" which is very old consumes a big message lets say 50MB the client retains at that size (does not free the bytearray) till he gets the next message of other size. if he receives another message he retains at the size of the other message as long as the MDB is existing. when you have some consumers in your appserver this can be really really fatal since you waste a lot of space.

we are using java caps 6u1.

do you think it could fit in? i doubt it.

regards chris
  • 7. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    nigeldeakin Explorer
    Yes, JMSJCA uses the normal MQ client. So if the problem is caused by a bug in MQ I would expect you would be able to reproduce it using a simple MQ client (without a resource adapter). Can you have a go?

(I'll send you an email)

Nigel
  • 8. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    820696 Newbie
    Hi Chris,

I am using Sun App server Version 9.0.1 and MQ 4.1. Now I need to update MQ to the latest release of MQ 4.4.

Can I Know the steps to Update MQ?. Please. Very Urgent.

Thanks
  • 9. Re: Bugfixes doens since 4.1 Patch 2   (Build 2-a) for JMS clients ?
    769905 Newbie
    hi user9029478,

i am currently using SUN Java CAPS. therefore i get packaged installers to do that.
    for me it is very easy download the upgrade patch and run the patch installer.
    the installer replaces my /appserver/imq directory and some files of /appserver/lib with the new mq files.
    but i dont think that is valuable for you.
    if you need mor detail which files it touches just give me a hint.

regards chris

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points