8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2010 6:11 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

migration to oracle R12

Ranjith
      Hi all,

After migration process i tried to connect EBS R12 with new migrated 11g database(11.1.0.6.0).

Aftr generating the appsutil in database tier i generted xml file in apps . and tried to run autconfg.

in that process it will throws some errors like this, [PROFILE PHASE]
      AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
      Directory: /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin/perl -I /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/lib/5.8.3 -I /u0
      2/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3 -I /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /u02/oracle/
      VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/Apache/Apache/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi-LP64 /u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps
      /VIS_oracleebs3/admin/scripts/adexecsql.pl sqlfile=/u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_oracleebs3/admin/install
      afwebprf.sql INSTE8_PRF 1

Directory: /u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_oracleebs3/admin/install
      afcpctx.sh INSTE8_PRF 1

Erros:
      ERROR at line 191:
      ORA-06550: line 191, column 12:
      PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SET_PROFILE'
      PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production
      With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
      Error encountered while running /u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_oracleebs3/admin/install/afwebprf.sql
      ERRORCODE = 1 ERRORCODE_END
      .end std out.

and

Uploading Metadata file /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp
      Metadata file /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp upload failed.
      Check log file created by FNDCPUCF program.
      .end std out.
      APP-FND-01564: ORACLE error 6550 in afpoload

Cause: afpoload failed due to ORA-06550: line 1, column 31:

Thanks,
      Ranjith.A
        • 1. Re: migration to oracle R12
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl detail what you migrated from and what you migrated to - it is not clear from your post. Pl also indicate which MOS document you are following for the upgrade and in which step you are getting this error.

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: migration to oracle R12
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Hi,
            Aftr generating the appsutil in database tier i generted xml file in apps . and tried to run autconfg.
            Did AutoConfig complete successfully on the application tier node?

Was the appsutil.zip file created successfully on the application tier node?

Before copying the appsutil.zip file to the database tier node, and recreated the appsutil directory AutoConfig must complete successfully on the application tier node first.

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: migration to oracle R12
              Ranjith
              Hi Hussein/srini

1. appsutil.zip successfully created in the apps node. aftr that i created xml fle in db tier and run the autoconfig uing that appsutil.zip.

2. afte that i stoped all thedatabase/listner in db tier andsource the new env file and started thedb and listner.
              3. Then in apps tier ,i edited apps contxt fle for the new databse (dbhost and jdbc_url) then Run the auto autoconfig . It throws error like this,

AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
              Error 1:

Directory: /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin/perl -I /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/lib/5.8.3 -I /u0
              2/oracle/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3 -I /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /u02/oracle/
              VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/Apache/Apache/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/IA64.ARCHREV_0-thread-multi-LP64 /u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps
              /VIS_oracleebs3/admin/scripts/adexecsql.pl sqlfile=/u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_oracleebs3/admin/install
              afwebprf.sql INSTE8_PRF 1

Erro 2:
              Directory: /u02/oracle/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_oracleebs3/admin/install
              afcpctx.sh INSTE8_PRF 1

Befre that error ,
              beginig the autoconfig it shows like this,
              Context Value Management will now update the Context file

Updating Context file...COMPLETED

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...ERROR: InD bCtxFile.uploadCtx() : Exception : Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_cont ext_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeri c or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_ GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
              oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFileException: Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm util.uploadcontext_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-0650 2: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
              at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx(InDbCtxFile.java: 281)
              at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.CtxSynchronizer.uploadToDb(CtxSynchroni zer.java:328)
              at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBCtx(File SysDBCtxMerge.java:678)
              at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBFiles(Fi leSysDBCtxMerge.java:222)
              at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.processCtxFile(CtxValueMgt.java:16 80)
              at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.main(CtxValueMgt.java:755)
              FAILED
              COMPLETED

Log files:
              Error 2:
              Uploading Metadata file /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp

PLS-00302: component 'MAJOR_VERSION' must be declared
              ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
              PL/SQL: Statement ignored.

The SQL statement being executed at the time of the error was: begin :release := fnd_release.major_version;end; and was executed from the file &ERRFILE.
              APP-FND-00434: AFPRCP:Failed to initialize profile option values :
              Metadata file /u02/oracle/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp upload failed.

for error 1:

Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Enter value for 3: Connected.
              adx_prf_pkg.set_profile(
              ERROR at line 191:

I found one solution for Error 2:

281841.1 (Autoconfig Failed at Script afcpctx.sh).
              but i don't know to to disable that not null in tht dable.

Note: ( EBS APPS version is R12 and DB vrsion is 11.1.0.6.0, DD is migrated from 9i)
              Thank in Advance,
              Ranjith.A
              • 4. Re: migration to oracle R12
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Hi,
                Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Enter value for 3: Connected.
                adx_prf_pkg.set_profile(
                ERROR at line 191:
                Please see (Adautocfg.Sh On Database Ends With Error: Afdbprf.Sh Failed [ID 416810.1]).
                281841.1 (Autoconfig Failed at Script afcpctx.sh).
                but i don't know to to disable that not null in tht dable.
                I believe this doc is not applicable -- Try the solution in the other doc and see if it works.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 5. Re: migration to oracle R12
                  Ranjith
                  Hi Hussein,

Thanks to Help for clear that First Error.
                  The Second Problem is Still there. In ML document i dont find any relevant Document.
                  And ma servr is HP-UX -Itanium-64.

Here the major Error ,

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...ERROR: InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx() : Exception : Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
                  oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFileException: Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
                  at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx(InDbCtxFile.java:281)
                  at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.CtxSynchronizer.uploadToDb(CtxSynchronizer.java:328)
                  at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBCtx(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:678)
                  at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBFiles(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:222)
                  at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.processCtxFile(CtxValueMgt.java:1680)
                  at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.main(CtxValueMgt.java:755)

Remaining is in my above post.

Thanks in Advance,
                  Ranjith.A
                  • 6. Re: migration to oracle R12
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    Hi,

Please see if these docs help.

ORA-01403: no data found has been detected FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file. [ID 420554.1]
                    AutoConfig Failing With NegativeArraySizeException After Upgrading To 11gR2 Database [ID 1076350.1]
                    Upload Of Context File To Database Fails [ID 313782.1]

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 7. Re: migration to oracle R12
                      Ranjith
                      Hi Hussein,

I tried that already. But No use of those documents.
                      The errors is based on Context upload failed and
                      Uploading Metadata file /u02/APPS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp
                      Metadata file /u02/APPS/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp upload failed.
                      .end std out.

The SQL statement being executed at the time of the error was: begin :release := fnd_release.major_version;e
                      nd; and was executed from the file &ERRFILE.

The SQL statement being executed at the time of the error was: begin :release := fnd_release.major_version;e
                      nd; and was executed from the file &ERRFILE.
                      • 8. Re: migration to oracle R12
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        Looks like you have some missing components -- OERR: PLS-302 component '%s' must be declared [ID 27319.1]

I would suggest you log a SR.

Thanks,
                        Hussein