This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2011 6:21 AM by SproketBoy RSS

Java3d 1.5.2 on Macos

SproketBoy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Has anyone got 1.5.2 to work on Mac? I'm trying a clean mac install to test my game install.

According to the Mac readme (README-unzip.html) I need to add the j3d and jogl jars to my classpath which I do at the command line to start the game (game/lib)
Also I place the jogl files in that same folder.

I set the export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the install folder/lib (game/lib).

But I get a null pointer on the canvas creation.

Any ideas?

Here is what it says
"
# Download and unzip j3d-1_5_2-XXX.zip into a temporary download directory, for example, /tmp. This will create a j3d-1_5_2-XXX subdirectory in /tmp where the downloaded files can be found. The file you need for manual installation is j3d-jre.zip.

# Create a folder for the j3d jar files, for example, /myhome/j3d, and unzip j3d-jre.zip into this directory as follows:

cd /myhome/j3d
unzip /tmp/j3d-1_5_2-*/j3d-jre.zip

# Modify your CLASSPATH environment variable to include the full paths to j3dcore.jar, j3dutils.jar, and vecmath.jar. For example:

export CLASSPATH=.:/myhome/j3d/lib/ext/j3dcore.jar:/myhome/j3d/lib/ext/j3dutils.jar:/myhome/j3d/lib/ext/vecmath.jar

# Download a recent version of JOGL for the Mac platform into a temporary download directory, for example, /tmp.

# Create a folder for the jogl jar files and native libraries, for example, /myhome/jogl, and unzip jogl-*.zip into this directory as follows:

cd /myhome/jogl
unzip /tmp/jogl-*.zip

# Modify your CLASSPATH environment variable to include the full paths to jogl.jar and gluegen-rt.jar. For example:

export CLASSPATH="${CLASSPATH}:/myhome/jogl/lib/jogl.jar:/myhome/jogl/lib/gluegen-rt.jar

# Modify your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to contain the full path to the lib directory. For example:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/myhome/jogl/lib
"

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points