This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2011 5:15 PM by handat RSS

Changing Admin Password

mcraghead Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a problem in an inherited Sun IdM/Access Mgr/Portal system, so I don't know what was done during the install and up to this point. I discovered that the admin and master passwords on a few of the application servers was not what was expected (I suspect a rollback as the cause). I changed the master on all three using asadmin change-master-password. I also successfully changed the admin password or two of the three using the admin console. However, when I tried to change the admin password on the third app server (Domain -> Administrator Password tab) the User ID was blank. On the other two it was pre-populated with "admin" (the page doesn't take user input for that field). Does anyone have an idea as to why the User ID field would be blank? Suggestions on how to get the admin User ID to populate on that page?

I did find a CLI option (see http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3671/gdhth?l=en&a=view) for changing the admin password, but it didn't seem to work, even though it returned with no errors. I also noticed some sort of error related to JMS afterward when browsing with the admin console. I don't remember the specifics at this point. I thought the command looked questionable to begin with, as it only seemed to deal with JMS (sudo /opt/SUNWappserver/bin/asadmin set --user admin server.jms-service.jms-host.default_JMS_host.admin-password=myNewPassword).

I'm using Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 Patch03 (9.1_02 Patch09) (build b02-p03).

Thanks.

Michael K. Craghead

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points