I used to have an administrator user account, but I need to use SureTrak with a limited user account now. When I try to run it, I get an error message: "Unable to find a serial number. Please make sure the that files in the Program or Work directory, as specified in the registry, are not marked Read-Only." They're not. I can still run it fine if I log in as an Administrator, so it has to be a permissions issue. I've been assigned full permission to the specified folders, but it still errors out and won't open.
Please help! Thanks!
Make sure the below is set and report back if you are still having an issue. Taken directly from the Oracle Knowledge Base:
Error: 'Unable To Find Serial Number' When Logging Into SureTrak [ID 893961.1]
Incorrect Permissions are assigned to the necessary files on the workstation to run the SureTrak application.
After installing the SureTrak application, perform the following steps (Logged in as local administrator):
1. Open the Registry Editor by browing to Start>>Run and type in REGEDT32
a. Grant the ‘Everyone’ group Full control to the following keys
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Btrieve Technologies key.
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Primavera key.
* HKEY_CURRENT USER\Software\Primavera key.
2. Grant full control to the everyone group to the ‘C:\My Documents\Suretrak’ folder and all subdirectories.
3. Grant full control to the everyone group to the ‘C:\Program Files\Suretrak\Prmzfil.stw file.’ Or you could give full control of this Suretrak folder and all of its contents.
Database Engine Permissions
If using BTRIEVE (This is used by default)
1. Browse to ‘C:\Windows’ folder and grant full control of the following files to the everyone group:
2. Browse to the ‘C:\Windows\System’ or ‘C:\Windows\System32’ directory, and grant full control of the following files to the everyone group:
* nwlocale.dll 11/02/93
* w32mkde.exe 10/07/96
* w32mkrc.dll 09/24/96
* wbtrcall.dll 02/04/97
* wbtrthnk.dll 07/15/96
* wbtrv32.dll 02/12/97
* wbtrvres.dll 04/19/95
* mfc42.dll 12/08/97
* msvcrt.dll 11/03/97
* olepro32.dll 07/31/97
3. Browse to Start menu, and click ‘Run’, type W32MKSET and click ‘OK’ to open BTI Database Setup Utility. Change the ‘Home Directory’ to a folder where the user has full control permissions.
Most printing issues are resolved by installing the Suretrak 3.0C patch. In order to obtain this you will need a current maintenance agreement with Oracle. Click the link below and login and you should be prompted to save the file.
As for the application crashing and locking you out, next time try ending the process for W32MKDE.exe.
Well, I believe Primavera's old policy was if you purchased Suretrak after the 3.0C patch was released you were entitled to it regardless of maintenance (as they never re-mastered the CD's). Since the Oracle acquisition I have no idea what the policy on this is so I would suggest you call in and find out.