1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 10:22 AM by Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim Go to original post
      • 15. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
        user49914949919675123
        QGIR wrote:
        hi

did you enable the arabic language?

sarah
        Yes, I changed it for the session in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger in the form.

BEGIN

FORMS_DDL('ALTER SESSION SET nls_language=ARABIC');
             FORMS_DDL('ALTER SESSION SET nls_calendar=PERSIAN');
             PAUSE;

END;
        • 16. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
          Sarah
          hi

you have to install arabic fonts in your pc after that enable the arabic language.
          without pc fonts it will not work.

for this you have to go to start/setting/control panel and in control panel click on Regional and Language..and if its not install then click on Language tab and go down to Supplemental language Support:

Mark the first one....checkbox.....and apply...
          and if it asked about windows cd then put the windows cd in cdrom and install the font....

sarah

Edited by: QGIR on Jan 5, 2011 2:22 AM
          • 17. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
            user49914949919675123
            <h2> Thanks Everybody. Really appreciate the help! <h2>

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5d6ecd36a4.gif

Edited by: Channa on Jan 5, 2011 2:43 AM
            • 18. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
              Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
              That's okey, come on pls don't be worry...

pls try..

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANG=  'arabic' ;
              hope this help...

Regards,

Abdetu...
              1 person found this helpful
              • 19. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
                Good news... it worked out...

But pls try 2 save the data and retrieve it back then tell me what's up pls...!

Regards,

Abdetu...
                • 20. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
                  user49914949919675123
                  Abdetu wrote:
                  Good news... it worked out...

But pls try 2 save the data and retrieve it back then tell me what's up pls...!

Regards,

Abdetu...
                  Abdetu, you are right.

Please see this graphic to see data after saving and then retrieving: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1a93bf2ef7.jpg

As you can see when you retrieve the data you don't get the Original Arabic but some garbage.

Problem is that in the Form's WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger I change the NLS_LANGUAGE. This does not seem to have any affect on the stored data.

In order to store the data in Arabic in the DB should the DB when CREATING it specify the character set to Arabic PERMANENTLY??
                  • 21. Re: How can you type from RIGHT-to-LEFT (i.e. Arabic style) in Forms?
                    Hi

i expected the problem cause of 2 Reasons

1) we8mswin1252  Denotes Western Character Sets

2) u Didn't installed Arabic Origionally.
                    i faced the same problem with the Reversed Question's Mark..
                    NLS_LANGUAGE.This does not seem to have any affect on the stored data.
                    yes,it's a db issue;the problem is that u have installed the DB without Arabic language enabled as Sarah's illustrated previously ...

it's only the text's direction and also the prompt's direction which is affected by the NLS_LANGUAGE(Origional Problem).

we r going to workarround this problem to Solve it; we r going 2 create a new instance from the database with your new configuration () pls follow the Steps...

The Solution is :
                    --=========
                    1) Take a back up from te current data base aside.
                    2) Select Start > All Programs > Oracle - OraDb10g_home1 > Configuration and migration Tools >Database Configuration Assistant >Create a Data Base 

3)(Press Next)    > General Purpose  (Press Next) > Global Database Name (SID)   (Press Next)  > COnfigure the data base with Enterprise Manager (no changes)

4) (Press Next)   > Specify  a password for ur account  & confirm it (Press Next)  > File System (No Changes) (Press Next)  > Use Database file Location from Template (No Changes)

5) (Press Next)   > Specify  Flash Recovery Area (No Changes)  (Press Next) > Sample Schema  (No Changes) 

6) (Press Next)   > ( a Window with 4 tabs appeared ) Select the Character Sets 's tab use the Default (Only and only if ur Default Language was set to Arabic)
                    (NOtice :AR8MSWIN1256) (IF not choose from the list of the character sets that AR8MSWIN1256) (u have also the default  Language and date u don't have 2 change)  

7) Data base Storage  (No Changes)  (Press Next)    > 

8) Create DataBase (No Changes)  (Press Next)  > Then  Press  Finish  > 

9)A General Purpose Summary Window will appeare (Notice the Character Sets  is now that AR8MSWIN1256 we r looking for it as selected) 

10)Press OK Now the Creation Process of the data base will Start as if u r installing a new database from the begining up to the end then Press Exit button

11) connect ur db with the new password u previously included in the Wizard and import the old dump then try 2 connect ur forms with that new db ,enter the data ,save & Retrieved.
                    Hope it helps u...

Enjoy it...!

Regards,

Abdetu...
                    1 2 Previous Next