This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2011 10:28 PM by 829147 RSS

Query in Voucher Build Staging Tables

829147 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I want to know the importance of VCHR_PYMT_STG,VCHR_VNDR_STG,VCHR_BANK_STG tables in Voucher Build process. When I am converting the data from a third party system do I have to populate all these table besides populating VCHR_HDR_STG, VCHR_LINE_STG and VCHR_DIST_STG.

I also want to know if I populate VCHR_PYMT_STG table with the PYMNT_ID_REF field populated and run the Voucher Build process, will both PYMNT_VCHR_XREF and PAYMENT_TBL are populated or only PYMNT_VCHR_XREF table gets populated? Should I have to run a Pay Cycle to populate PAYMENT_TBL?

Also I would like to know when would we should populate VCHR_VNDR_STG and VCHR_BANK_STG tables while running Voucher Build process?

Please share your valuable inputs on this.

Thanks
Uday
  • 1. Re: Query in Voucher Build Staging Tables
    829281 Newbie
    Hi Uday,

Have the vouchers that you are converting already been paid out of the third party system? If so then I would not worry about converting those types of paid transactions close them out in the legacy system and only convert open vouchers (or unpaid vouchers) to PeopleSoft...It requires a little more reconciliation work but maybe worth not having to populate so many other tables and miss something...If you go with this plan then I think you can get away with only populating these 3 quick voucher tables (VCHR_HDR_QV – Quick Voucher Header, VCHR_LINE_QV – Quick Voucher Line, VCHR_DIST_QV – Quick Voucher Distribution) with the appropriate source data and then run the delivered voucher build process to create the new vouchers in PeopleSoft...

I hope this helps...
  • 2. Re: Query in Voucher Build Staging Tables
    829147 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your respoonse. But here in my case I need to load all unreconciled vouchers payments which makes me to load the payment tables. So in this case if I load the VCHR_PYMNT_STG table and run the voucher build process will it create entries in both PYMNT_VCHR_XREF and PAYMENT_TBL tables or only in PYMNT_VCHR_XREF table? Since I am also getting PAYMENT_TBL data from third party system I should know whether I can load this table directly or not? Please clarify on this.

Thanks,
    Uday

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points