6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2011 4:55 AM by 808981 RSS

Signing a class instead of a jar

Would be possible to sign a .class file instead of a .jar file?
      Dani
        • 1. Re: Signing a class instead of a jar
          sabre150
          Not and be able to use it as a signed Applet.
          • 2. Re: Signing a class instead of a jar
            If I can't sign a class, I have to find the way to include a .jar in my global project, because getting a jar from a class is very simple, but in my case the integration is not a trivial task.

Thanks for your fast reply.
            Dani
            • 3. Re: Signing a class instead of a jar
              sabre150
              Sorry but I really don't understand what you mean! How is getting a jar from a class simple? A class does not contain any jars!
              • 4. Re: Signing a class instead of a jar
                I am not explaining very well.
                I have a architecture who has a JSP file. This JSP loads an applet and I need the applet to be signed for a correct execution, but the applet is not a jar, it's a class. The JSP file uses a <jsp:plugin> in order to import an applet, but I wanted to avoid changing the code (it works properly) and uses an JAR as applet.

<jsp:plugin type="applet"
                          code="myApplet.class"
                               codebase="/idp"
                               name="pinApplet"
                width="300"
                height="300">
                          <jsp:fallback>
                                    Authentication Form is not supported by the browser
                               </jsp:fallback>
                </jsp:plugin>

I need myApplet.class to be signed, but I am obliged to change the code to include the applet as a JAR if I want a signed applet.

Edited by: 805978 on 12-ene-2011 8:27
                • 5. Re: Signing a class instead of a jar
                  EJP
                  I need myApplet.class to be signed, but I am obliged to change the code to include the applet as a JAR if I want a signed applet.
                  Correct. So do that.
                  • 6. Re: Signing a class instead of a jar
                    EJP wrote:
                    Correct. So do that.
                    It's what I going to do.
                    I only want to explain in detail the objective of my question: changing a class for a JAR is simple, but it supposes so many changes in the architecture I have made yet.