This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2011 6:50 PM by Srinath Menon RSS

what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV

user4884609 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV ?
  • 2. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi

I have not seen an upper limit for the file size being uploaded to UCM from WebDAV or DIS.

Thanks
    Srinath
  • 3. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    user4884609 Newbie
    Hi Sri,

thanks for reply ..!!

Actually I tried to checkin 2.7 GB file through WEBDAV., But it failed. File is checked in but of 0 size.

I tried to checkin same file through UCM Checkin Form. I got following error in UCM logs:

The request was not processed by the Service handler because of a protocol error.
    The request headers parsed from the request are:
    {HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.1; InfoPath.2), HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip, deflate, REQUEST_METHOD=POST, IsSocketConnection=1, IdcAuthChallengeType=http, HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-us,ja;q=0.7,es-mx;q=0.3, ThreadCount=2, SERVER_NAME=dev.test.com, SERVER_SOFTWARE=Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) DAV/2, HTTP_REFERER=http://dev.test.com/hdsrepo/idcplg?IdcService=CHECKIN_NEW_FORM, HTTP_CGIPATHROOT=/hdsrepo/idcplg, RemoteClientHostAddress=127.0.0.1, HTTP_HOST=dev.test.com, GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1, REMOTE_ADDR=10.1.172.95, BOUNDARY=---------------------------7db3e5283105ae, SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1, SERVER_PROTOCOL_TYPE=NONE, IDC_REQUEST_AGENT=webserver, REMOTE_HOST=10.1.172.95, HTTP_CONNECTION=Keep-Alive, RemoteClientPort=4444, SERVER_PORT=80, HTTP_COOKIE=IntradocAuth=Internet; WebdavSessionID=sysadmin:1295311274039:UJcWKhGW4de4eUPmgff8Z4/WTMg=; IdcTimeZone=America/Indianapolis; IntradocLoginState=1; IdcLocale=English-US, CONTENT_TYPE=multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------7db3e5283105ae, RemoteClientRemotePort=44762, CONTENT_LENGTH=-143655421, IDC_REQUEST_CTIME=1295306021, HTTP_INTERNETUSER=sysadmin, HTTP_ACCEPT=image/gif, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/pjpeg, application/xaml+xml, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/x-ms-xbap, application/x-ms-application, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, */*, SCRIPT_NAME=/hdsrepo/idcplg, PATH_TRANSLATED=/opt/ucm/server/weblayout/idcplg}
    --------------
    Mandatory parameter 'IdcService' for POST or GET is missing. Request could not be processed. Could not find the parameter 'IdcService'. [ Details ]
    An error has occurred. The stack trace below shows more information.

!$The request was not processed by the Service handler because of a protocol error.<br>The request headers parsed from the request are:<br>{HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.1; InfoPath.2)\, HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip\, deflate\, REQUEST_METHOD=POST\, IsSocketConnection=1\, IdcAuthChallengeType=http\, HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-us\,ja;q=0.7\,es-mx;q=0.3\, ThreadCount=2\, SERVER_NAME=dev.test.com\, SERVER_SOFTWARE=Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) DAV/2\, HTTP_REFERER=http://dev.test.com/hdsrepo/idcplg?IdcService=CHECKIN_NEW_FORM\, HTTP_CGIPATHROOT=/hdsrepo/idcplg\, RemoteClientHostAddress=127.0.0.1\, HTTP_HOST=dev.test.com\, GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1\, REMOTE_ADDR=10.1.172.95\, BOUNDARY=---------------------------7db3e5283105ae\, SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1\, SERVER_PROTOCOL_TYPE=NONE\, IDC_REQUEST_AGENT=webserver\, REMOTE_HOST=10.1.172.95\, HTTP_CONNECTION=Keep-Alive\, RemoteClientPort=4444\, SERVER_PORT=80\, HTTP_COOKIE=IntradocAuth=Internet; WebdavSessionID=sysadmin:1295311274039:UJcWKhGW4de4eUPmgff8Z4/WTMg=; IdcTimeZone=America/Indianapolis; IntradocLoginState=1; IdcLocale=English-US\, CONTENT_TYPE=multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------7db3e5283105ae\, RemoteClientRemotePort=44762\, CONTENT_LENGTH=-143655421\, IDC_REQUEST_CTIME=1295306021\, HTTP_INTERNETUSER=sysadmin\, HTTP_ACCEPT=image/gif\, image/jpeg\, image/pjpeg\, image/pjpeg\, application/xaml+xml\, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument\, application/x-ms-xbap\, application/x-ms-application\, application/x-shockwave-flash\, application/msword\, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint\, application/vnd.ms-excel\, */*\, SCRIPT_NAME=/hdsrepo/idcplg\, PATH_TRANSLATED=/opt/ucm/server/weblayout/idcplg}<br>--------------<br>Mandatory parameter 'Idc

Edited by: user4884609 on Nov 5, 2012 5:04 PM
  • 4. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi

The error message does not look like a size related issue.

I tested with a 2GB file and the checkin did work fine and the content was released after the post checkin processing was completed .

Thanks
    Srinath
  • 5. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    kentucm - oracle Journeyer
    From the Idoc script guide

ChunkedRequestTrace
    DisableHttpUploadChunking
    AppletChunkThreshold
    AppletChunkSize

Enable chunking with DisableHttpUploadChunking if you have not already.
  • 6. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    user4884609 Newbie
    Hi

I add following configuration in config.cfg ..

DisableHttpUploadChunking=false
    AppletChunkThreshold=1000000
    AppletChunkSize=100000
    ChunkedRequestTrace=true

restarted content server and then tried to upload 2.7 GB file through webDAV. Again it failed. :(
  • 7. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi

When checking in from CS GUI does the checkin page stays like that as if no action has happened at all ?

Thanks
    Srinath
  • 8. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    user4884609 Newbie
    Hi Sri,

The URL in browser is changed to http://localhost/idc/idcplg and browser shows "page can not displayed" and in server logs , above mentioned error is logged..

thanks
  • 9. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    There is no limit that I am aware of so something else is going on.

You can turn socketrequests tracing (System Audit Information Page) at verbose but that will create an incredible amount of output in the server output for 7.5 CS or 10 or 11 but for 10gR3 and later you can turn on services tracing.

But the issue could be in the Web Server (IIS?). You could try turning on FILTER_DEBUG, however I do remember that IIS had upload throttling which deliberately slowed down the speed of uploads. I don't know what tracing you could turn on that would verify this.

One debug test is to create a small little CGI executable for IIS (such as an ASP page) that accepts file uploads, but dumps the data as its get it. You can then see how fast that goes.
  • 10. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    user4884609 Newbie
    Hi ,

We are using Apache Web server, and i saw following error in Apache access log :

Invalid Content-Length, referer: http://localhost/idc/idcplg?IdcService=CHECKIN_NEW_FORM
  • 11. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    May be an apache bug

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=42608
  • 12. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    Srinath Menon Guru
    Hi

With a 3GB file I am also seeing issues with UCM checkin , both from GUI and WebDAV / DIS . Error in my ucm logs are as follows :

!csUserEventMessage,sysadmin hostname:port!$!csInconsistentFileLength,3560540551,0
    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csInconsistentFileLength,3560540551,0
         at webdavcomponent.WebdavSerializer.readFile(WebdavSerializer.java:862)

Not sure what is the reason but still trying to get to the root cause .

Thanks
    Srinath
  • 13. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    580267 Explorer
    Could you be running into an OS error? What are you using?
    The size is suspiciously close to the file size limit you see from archiving tools like zip that will break up a larger image into sub 2gig files for downloading.
  • 14. Re: what the maximum size of file that we can upload in UCM through WebDAV
    user4884609 Newbie
    Please help on this... I am badly stuck :(
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points