4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2011 12:49 AM by 797679 RSS

Webcache custom error pages not showing images

I have an custom error page to display that has embedded jpg images. When I the page gets called, it is displayed, but not the images. Need some help to understand why that would be.
        • 1. Re: Webcache custom error pages not showing images
          Hi. When you access the error page sepaately, are the images getting displayed? Check if there is any diagnostic in the event log (event log can be found at <Oracle_Home>/webcache/logs.

Hope this helps.
          Regards,
          Priyanka GES
          • 2. Re: Webcache custom error pages not showing images
            My team and I are having this same issue.

We have the error page set up in $ORACLE_HOME/webcache/files along with some images in $ORACLE_HOME/webcache/files/static.

The error page references the pages relatively, ie "static/image1.jpg" but since that path technically doesn't exist, the images fail to load.

The error page itself loads correctly, just not the images.

Is there a different place we should be putting these images or perhaps a different way to reference them in our page?
            • 3. Re: Webcache custom error pages not showing images
              Shail Goel
              Quite late reply but if you are still looking for answer:

The embedded (or referenced) image file requests come in as normal requests to Web Cache and are passed on the the origin server. Therefore, the url follows normal rules, and the location is NOT relative to the custom error page location.

So, a reference to an image in "static/image1.jpg" will be relative to the origin server's DocumentRoot directory, not relative to the files directory. The DocumentRoot directory is specified in the OHS config file. So the file image1.jpg must be placed in that directory, not $ORACLE_HOME/files/static. A reference to an image in "/image1.jpg" will be in the origin server's DocumentRoot directory.

Thanks
              Shail
              • 4. Re: Webcache custom error pages not showing images
                Hi, i am facing the same problem, i checked the root document path and placed the image inside that path, but my problem is i need to show this error page when my ohs is down, hence it cannot pick up the image when ohs is down.