This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 12:59 AM by 787689 RSS

customizing contact record storage

787689 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

CCA_AM_813 guide on page 97 tells about "six main configuration options for customizing contact record storage".
I tried to use "Configuration 4".

The guide says:

"In Configuration 4, you keep your contact records in a new
table that you create in the Oracle Contact Center
Anywhere database. You also create a new contact
template and a new data source: Custom contact template
(create)"

I followed all the instructions for "Configuration 4", but when I try to make a contact search from IM with the new "Display Template" I receive this error:

"An error occurred while searching for contacts"

And this are the IM logs:

2010-07-27 17:12:03,895 ERROR com.taw.cca.client.app.ic.contacts.ContactQueryPanel An error occurred while searching for contacts!
com.taw.cca.client.framework.communication.CommunicationException: Invalid Security Policy
     at com.taw.cca.client.framework.communication.services.BaseService.handleServiceResult(BaseService.java:82)
     at com.taw.cca.client.framework.communication.services.BaseService.handleServiceResult(BaseService.java:107)
     at com.taw.cca.client.framework.communication.services.contacts.axis2.Axis2ContactsServices.findContacts(Axis2ContactsServices.java:66)
     at com.taw.cca.client.app.ic.contacts.ContactQueryPanel.findContacts(ContactQueryPanel.java:111)
     at com.taw.cca.client.app.ic.contacts.ContactQueryPanel.access$0(ContactQueryPanel.java:106)
     at com.taw.cca.client.app.ic.contacts.ContactQueryPanel$1.run(ContactQueryPanel.java:142)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems to be an access/security problem with the table... but I created it inside CCA DB!

Anyone have a solution?
TNX
  • 1. Re: customizing contact record storage
    787689 Newbie
    No one tried to create a "custom contact table" in "configuration 4" in the "Contact Center Anywhere" Database (SQL 2005) ???
    Help pls!
  • 2. Re: customizing contact record storage
    rschepis Explorer
    Giuseppe

The contact templates are tricky but will work. You should create a view in the target DB. Be sure to set an unique key value and use that as the key in the CCA template.

Use DB profiler to see the query being sent to debug, you should see what CCA is sending to determine why the look up failed.
  • 3. Re: customizing contact record storage
    787689 Newbie
    Hi Roman,

your solution seems not to work with us, or maybe we have not understood...

In any case I found some old SR opened with Oracle still not solved: it seems a bug in the application.
    Oracle opened this unsolved bug:

https://support.oracle.com:443/CSP/ui/flash.html#tab=KBHome(page=KBHome&id=()),(page=KBNavigator&id=(viewingMode=1143&bmDocType=BUG&bmDocDsrc=BUG&bmDocID=10588876&bmDocTitle=%5BCR#12-1XF0GAB%5D%5BFR#12-1XF0GAW%5D%20CANNOT%20ADD%20CUSTOM%20CONTACT%20IN%20CUSTOM%20DATABASE%20TABL&from=BOOKMARK))

that is:

Bug 10588876: [CR#12-1XF0GAB][FR#12-1XF0GAW] CANNOT ADD CUSTOM CONTACT IN CUSTOM DATABASE TABL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Attributes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Type B - Defect Fixed in Product Version -
    Severity 2 - Severe Loss of Service Product Version 1.0
    Status 11 - Code Bug (Response/Resolution) Platform 289 - GENERIC (All Platforms)
    Created 19-Mar-2010 Platform Version NO DATA
    Updated 06-Jan-2011 Base Bug -
    Database Version 2005
    Affects Platforms Generic
    Product Source Oracle

Related Products

Line Siebel Family Customer Relationship Management
    Area Contact Center Anywhere Product 8965 - Siebel Apps - CCA
  • 4. Re: customizing contact record storage
    rschepis Explorer
    It may be that you are running into a bug.

We do use the custom contact templates with 8.1.3 FP5 and it is working.

It is not perfect as the fields do not have input masks and are simple text boxes (no drop down or calendar controls) but it does work. It is nice that the contact history also works with them.

Can you check on the DB side to capture the query and see if it is successful or failing?
  • 5. Re: customizing contact record storage
    787689 Newbie
    Roman!

The bug was solved!!!
    I run SQL Profiler and noticed a query that referenced to nonexistent column name! Nonexistent because not mentioned in the guide!!!

About configuration 4 the 813 guide tells:

1 Create your new custom table in the Oracle Contact Center Anywhere database, and verify the
    following:
    ■ Your contact data must be in a single table or a view.
    ■ The primary key for your contact table must consist of a single column.
    ■ The columns in your contact table must use a data type of integer or string.

Running SQL Profiler I noticed that the corresponding query contains the following nonexistent fields:
    Isdeleted
    Companyid

But now there is another problem that I had with the configuration 2 too…
    In IM the query returns duplicated columns...

The query I see now in SQL Profiler differs from the previous (that returned the error):

SELECT contactscustom.id,contactscustom.Societa,contactscustom.Nome,contactscustom.Cognome,contactscustom.CodFiscaleCliente,contactscustom.CodContratto,contactscustom.PartitaIVA,contactscustom.Lavoro,contactscustom.Pref1,contactscustom.Casa,contactscustom.Pref2,contactscustom.Cellulare,contactscustom.Note FROM contactscustom WHERE contactscustom.id IN (1136,1137,1138,1139,1140)
  • 6. Re: customizing contact record storage
    787689 Newbie
    Other required (but unreported) fields are:

datasourceid
    MODIFIEDDATE

(NB See contacts system table to copy properties from...)
  • 7. Re: customizing contact record storage
    787689 Newbie
    An other must is that id key value must match the value of "systemid table type 7" + 1

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points