This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 8:06 PM by 732305 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    ATD Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

You will need to make a couple of changes to Garry's application.

Firstly, go to Shared Components, Lists and edit the DDM3 list. Go to each item in turn and make sure that there entries in the "Current List Entry" section - typically, just enter a page number into the "List Entry Current for Condition" setting.

Then, go to Shared Components, Templates and edit the "DDM3 Pull Down Menu" List template. There are a number of settings there headed "....Current....". Go to each one and find the LI tags. They have a class of something like "dhtmlMenuItem" change these to include " current" - for example: class="dhtmlMenuItem current". A tag can have more than one class and the "current" class changes the colour of the tab.

Andy
  • 31. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi José,
    I have made changes to my example to include current tab highlighting. This is the only example now available.

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=ddm3 username: ddm Password: ddm

Regards Garry
  • 32. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi Andy,
    that is basically what I did.

Regards Garry
  • 33. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    795070 Newbie
    hi, Garry the link cannot be open due to some error, can you check it?

thanks for the help,
    -jose
  • 34. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    795070 Newbie
    wrong link
  • 35. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    ATD Guru
    Strange, I can't get to that either. I get:

Error     ERR-7620 Could not determine workspace for application ()

The same happens for the original link: http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=47684

:(

Andy
  • 36. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi everyone,
    maybe because I used an application alias in the link. It's crazy but I think application aliases are only unique within a Workspace, not an APEX instance.

Anyway please use this link: http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=30582 username: ddm Password: ddm

Regards Garry
  • 37. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    ATD Guru
    Hi Garry,

In that case, that was my fault as I installed your application into my OTN workspace. I've changed the application alias for that and just tried your DDM3 link again - all seems ok now.

Sorry about that!

Andy
  • 38. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    795070 Newbie
    thanks Garry, that was a great help and very cool.. I mark it already as correct.

thanks and regards,
    -jose
  • 39. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi,
    I copied the app. and did the mouseenter/mouseleave highlighting unobtrusively with dynamic actions. A bit Heath-Robinson maybe but it works.

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=30734 Username: ddm Password: ddm

any comments?

Regards Garry
  • 40. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    603054 Newbie
    Hi Gary

Can we get the CSS for DDM 4

Thanks

Debraj
  • 41. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi Debraj,
    the only change I made to the css was a minor cosmetic one. It has nothing to do with the mouseenter/mouseleave effect. This is done using dynamic actions.
    Maybe it can be done more elegantly. It was more of an experiment than anything else.

Anyway, I'll add the export and css tomorrow (it's a bit a late now where I am ;-). You can then use/add/change/remove whatever you feel works best for you.

Regards Garry

------------------------------------------------------------------

Export and css files added

Regards Garry

Edited by: GarryLawton on 5/02/2011 01:33 PM
  • 42. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    732305 Newbie
    Hi Garry,
    Thank's for your great example... I'm newbie in APEX, could you please give us a guidance or step by step how to implementing drop down menu... (what I must to do with theme_4_0-2-DDM3-1.css and f32474.sql files)...

thank's alot :)

Regards,
    Alwin
  • 43. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi Alwin,
    I am afraid I do not have the time to explain in detail how it is done but here is how you can get it working in your own workspace.

1. Go to the application at http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=30734 and download the application (DDM4-Export.sql) and the css (theme_4_0-2-DDM4.css) files.
    2. Import the application (DDM4-Export.sql) into APEX with Application Builder/Import
    3. Upload the css file theme_4_0-2-DDM4.css to Shared Components/Files/Cascading Style Sheets

That's it.

The changes to a default application are as follows:

1. Changes to the page template
    2. Changes to the dhtmlMenu list template
    3. Changes to the theme CSS for the dhtmlMenu

Please remember that this is only an example and is by no means perfect. I would like to see drop-down menus implemented similar to this in a future release of APEX.

Regards and good luck, Garry
  • 44. Re: Creating a DHTML Drop down
    732305 Newbie
    Thank's Garry, I already followed your instruction above and the example application successfully installed. But when I try to login using username : ddm and password: ddm .. it's shown invalid login message... am I missing something?

Regards,
    Alwin

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points