4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 10:31 AM by user8658510 RSS

No Approval Rule exists for this object.

I am getting below error while requesting approval for a event in oracle marketing R12.
      No Approval Rule exists for this object. Please assign a user the Marketing Default Approver Role.
        • 1. Re: No Approval Rule exists for this object.
          grusse
          user12868639 wrote:
          I am getting below error while requesting approval for a event in oracle marketing R12.
          No Approval Rule exists for this object. Please assign a user the Marketing Default Approver Role.
          Does the user have the role assigned? Use the "Default Marketing Approver" role instead of "Marketing Approver".

HTH
          • 2. Re: No Approval Rule exists for this object.
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Please see these docs.

Get Error 'No Approval Rule exists for this object' After Selecting the Request Approval Button [ID 268461.1]
            Receive Error 'No Approval Rule Exists For This Object. Please Assign a User the Marketing Default Approver Role' When Trying To Approve A Campaign [ID 312372.1]
            "No Approval Rule exists for this object. Please assign a user the Marketing Default Approver Role" Error activaiting any Marketing object [ID 249977.1]

This is an old thread and I am sure the OP got the issue fixed by now. However, I am posting these docs for reference.

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: No Approval Rule exists for this object.
              user8658510
              Hi Hussein

I too am getting the error "No Approval Rule exists for this object. Please assign a user the Marketing Default Approver Rule". This is occurring when an Accrual Budget is being sent for approval.

I have checked out the 3 documents from Oracle Support and have confirmed that only one user has the role Marketing Default Approver by running the script Oracle provide.
              I have run Synchronize WF Local tables, which completed successfully and Workflow background Process has been run too.

Have you any other ideas on what could be causing the accrual budget not to go for approval?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind regards
              Pat
              • 4. Re: No Approval Rule exists for this object.
                user8658510
                I have worked out why I was getting this error.
                When setting up the Approval Rule Details for Accruals ensure that the Minimum Amount is 0 - as this is an accrual. This had been set to 1.
                As soon as I changed it to 0 and then opened the Budget name and sent for approval, the error message no longer appeared and the Default Marketing Approver received a notification and was able to approve the budget.