1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 2:14 PM by Sharath RSS

Invalid Contact for Given Customer Account

Hi,
      I am getting following error when try to add a product to cart Sold-To contact for this customer is inactive in oracle istore.Please choose a different Sold-To contact.

Thanks
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Invalid Contact for Given Customer Account
          Sharath
          I know this thread is pretty old, but, I hit this same issue at work today and it took me a couple of hours to debug and fix the same.

So, for the benefit of anyone else who might face this issue in the future, here goes:

Root Cause_
          The "Customer" field associated with the user account setup (System Admin -> Users -> Query Username -> Customer Field) corresponds to the "Contacts: Roles" section (OM Superuser -> Query for Customer -> Contacts: Role screen) of the Customer setup

If the user defined "Customer" field of user account setup is "Inactive" in the "Contacts: Roles" section - then we get the error :

The Sold-To contact for this customer is inactive. Please choose a different Sold-To contact.

when trying to add items to the Shopping Cart.

Solution:_

Route A
                  OM Superuser -> Query for Customer -> Contacts: Role screen -> The person who's mapped as the Customer for the username needs to be set as active.

Route B
                  System Admin -> Users -> Query Username -> Map the Customer field to a currently active member of the Customer

Cheers,
          Sharath