3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 11:50 AM by Steve.Clamage-Oracle RSS

eigen2 compilation problems

Hi,
      I'm getting the below errors when trying to build Calligra (the KOffice fork) with Studio 12.2 (and 12.1 too) on S11Express.

Is that a bug in Studio? The eigen2 library's authors do not support studio as it's too buggy (they claim), and gcc handles the code just fine.

TIA for any hints

hajma

<pre>
      $ cd /export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/build-calligra-2.1/tables/functions && /export/home/test/SolarisStudio12.2-solaris-x86-tar-ML/solstudio12.2/bin/CC -I/opt/kde4/include -I/usr/include/stdcxx4/ansi -I/usr/include/stdcxx4 -L/usr/lib -L/opt/kde4/lib -library=no%Cstd -library=Crun -lc -lm -ldl -lpthread -lposix4 -lstdcxx4 -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/build-calligra-2.1/tables/functions -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables/functions -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1 -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/build-calligra-2.1 -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/interfaces -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/kotext -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/build-calligra-2.1/libs/kotext -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/kotext/changetracker -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/kotext/styles -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/kotext/opendocument -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/flake -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/odf -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/build-calligra-2.1/libs/odf -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/koplugin -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/pigment -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/pigment/compositeops -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/pigment/resources -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/flake/commands -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/flake/tools -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/build-calligra-2.1/libs/flake -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/main -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/widgets -I/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/libs/main/config -I/opt/kde4/include -I/opt/kde4/include/KDE -I/opt/kde4/include/QtXmlPatterns -I/opt/kde4/include/QtXml -I/opt/kde4/include/QtWebKit -I/opt/kde4/include/QtUiTools -I/opt/kde4/include/QtTest -I/opt/kde4/include/QtSvg -I/opt/kde4/include/QtSql -I/opt/kde4/include/QtScriptTools -I/opt/kde4/include/QtScript -I/opt/kde4/include/QtOpenGL -I/opt/kde4/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/kde4/include/QtMultimedia -I/opt/kde4/include/QtHelp -I/opt/kde4/include/QtDesigner -I/opt/kde4/include/QtDeclarative -I/opt/kde4/include/QtDBus -I/opt/kde4/include/Qt3Support -I/opt/kde4/include/QtGui -I/opt/kde4/include/QtCore -I/opt/kde4/include/Qt -I/opt/kde4/share/mkspecs/default -I/usr/X11/include -I/opt/kde4/include/eigen2 -o CMakeFiles/kspreadmathmodule.dir/math.o -c /export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables/functions/math.cpp
      "/opt/kde4/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h", line 131: Error: Multiple declaration for Base.
      "/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables/functions/math.cpp", line 1119: Where: While specializing "Eigen::Matrix<double, 10000, 10000, 2, 10000, 10000>".
      "/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables/functions/math.cpp", line 1119: Where: Specialized in non-template code.
      "/opt/kde4/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h", line 131: Error: Multiple declaration for Scalar.
      "/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables/functions/math.cpp", line 1119: Where: While specializing "Eigen::Matrix<double, 10000, 10000, 2, 10000, 10000>".
      "/export/home/test/packages/BUILD/calligra-2.1/tables/functions/math.cpp", line 1119: Where: Specialized in non-template code.
      "/opt/kde4/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h", line 131: Error: Multiple declaration for RealScalar.
      "/opt/kde4/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/Matrix.h", line 131: Error: Multiple declaration for PacketScalar.

</pre>

preprocessed code at ftp://hajma.no-ip.org/usb_1/osol/misc/math.E.bz2
        • 1. Re: eigen2 compilation problems
          Steve.Clamage-Oracle
          I am not able to access the server to download the preprocessed file. See if you can fix that problem, and also please indicate the platform where you are compiling:
          sparc or x86
          Solaris or Linux
          The version of Solaris or Linux (as shown in /etc/release for Solaris, or a similarly named file for LInux)
          • 2. Re: eigen2 compilation problems
            Steve_Clamage wrote:
            I am not able to access the server to download the preprocessed file. See if you can fix that problem, and also please indicate the platform where you are compiling:
            sparc or x86
            Solaris or Linux
            The version of Solaris or Linux (as shown in /etc/release for Solaris, or a similarly named file for LInux)
            http://tropikhajma.sweb.cz/osol/math.E.bz2 should work now, sorry.
            platform is x86 Solaris
            <pre>
            $ cat /etc/release
            Oracle Solaris 11 Express snv_151a X86
            Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
            Assembled 04 November 2010
            </pre>

Edited by: hajma on 7.2.2011 15:50
            • 3. Re: eigen2 compilation problems
              Steve.Clamage-Oracle
              The errors seem to be due to a compiler bug that is not yet fixed. If you have an Oracle service contract for Studio, you will get the best response filing a bug report via your support channel.

Otherwise, you can file a bug report on the C++ compiler at http://bugs.sun.com
              Include the information about where to get the test case, your platform, and the command line you used.