This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2011 12:57 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

SQL LOADER problem with line breaks in text field

758635 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have the data in text file as follows :
408~SR9345~12/20/2010~TSG - Talked to jay Ponath.  They would like to meet with Jon.  I forwarded Jon's info to Kay and sent Jon the following email:

Hi Jon,

Just following up on my voice mail.  I have forwarded your information to jay Ponath from ibm. She is going to contact you to setup a call where we can all be on the call to discuss your requirements.  I apologize this has taken so long, I needed to find the right people to talk to on the HLab side.  When I tried to describe what you want, they decided they would like you and me to meet with them.

Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

Thank you,
the control file is :
LOAD DATA
INFILE '$KI_TOP/conversion/XXHAM_Notes.txt' 
APPEND
INTO TABLE xxha_proj_attachments

FIELDS TERMINATED BY '~' optionally enclosed by '"'
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(SEQ_NUM,
BUGID,
CREATE_DATE DATE "mm/dd/yyyy",
NOTE 
)
{code}

The problem is i am unable to load the data in the exact format as above due to newline characters one gets when one opens this data in notepad.

Please help                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points