2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2011 7:52 PM by reidster RSS

A couple questions about summing a report column

reidster
      I have a tabular form region which includes a column which I'd like to sum. The summation works fine when using the report column attributes "Compute Sum = Yes".
      My questions are these.
      1. The summation displays the total under a report row named "report total:". Is there any way to change this report row heading?
      2. Is there a way to conditionally highlight the "report total:" value when it exceeds an x value? For example, is there a way to make it red when the value is > 100?

Thanks in advance for your expert input.
      -Reid
        • 1. Re: A couple questions about summing a report column
          fac586
          1. The summation displays the total under a report row named "report total:". Is there any way to change this report row heading?
          Enter the total heading in the "Display this text when printing report sums" property in the Break Formatting section of the report attributes. (This works whether the report has breaks or not.)
          2. Is there a way to conditionally highlight the "report total:" value when it exceeds an x value? For example, is there a way to make it red when the value is > 100?
          This requires JavaScript. Search the forum for several previous examples.
          • 2. Re: A couple questions about summing a report column
            reidster
            Thanks! That works for #1. For #2, I'll search for some JS examples. Thanks again, Reid