This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 5:38 AM by 719817 RSS

PCM can't add new project

842647 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've tried many times to add a new project (I have done this before many times with no problem). Now I get timing errors in the middle and when I do get to the very end, and it says "adding project" it stops with this message:
error
error
error
any idea what could be wrong?
  • 1. Re: PCM can't add new project
    bruno holmer Newbie
    Hi,

There could be a lot of reasons about this issue, can you verify the file expconsole.log on CM directory for more information and post here?

Atte,
  • 2. Re: PCM can't add new project
    daniel williams Newbie
    Can you query the PROJ table and see if the project you are adding is already there?
    I have had cases where the Add failed part way, and so the PROJ record existed, but none of the view records in EXPADMIN were present, so you could not actually see the project.

Cheers,
    Daniel
  • 3. Re: PCM can't add new project
    719817 Newbie
    I have also experienced this issue, but only on certain groups. On our database I have about a dozen groups. When I run into this issue on one of the groups I first create the project in a different "safe" group. Then do a single project back up. Then restore to the group I want the project it. Seems to work like a charm. One time I create several different projects getting the error! errrr very frustrating. Usually whent his happens the new project only gets half registered and then I can no longer use the same project_name.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points