4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2011 4:39 PM by 840755 RSS

KGLR.SQL script ?

Nicolas.Gasparotto
      Hello,

Oracle® Database Error Messages
      11g Release 1 (11.1)

Part Number B28278-01

ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object stringstringstringstringstring
      Cause: An error has occurred when trying to look up a remote object.
      Action: Fix the error. Make sure the remote database system has run KGLR.SQL to create necessary views used for querying/looking up objects stored in the database.

ORA-04053: error occurred when validating remote object stringstringstringstringstring
      Cause: An error has occurred when trying to validate a remote object.
      Action: Fix the error. Make sure the remote database system has run KGLR.SQL to create necessary views used for querying/looking up objects stored in the database.

The metalink note 19846.1 (from June 1999 !) said that script KGLR.SQL was renamed to catrpc.sql (called by catproc), it's maybe time to change the errors messages, isn't it ?

Nicolas.
        • 1. Re: KGLR.SQL script ?
          Hi Nicolas. The text of the Error Messages book is extracted directly from the code. I'll file a code bug for this.

Thanks,
          Diana
          • 2. Re: KGLR.SQL script ?
            Nicolas.Gasparotto
            Ok, thank you Diana.

Nicolas.
            • 3. Re: KGLR.SQL script ?
              Hi!

when I am trying to create a Materialized view using the below SQL:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MFG_SRC"."ATTRIBUTE_VALUES" ORGANIZATION HEAP PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255
              NOCOMPRESS LOGGING STORAGE(INITIAL 122880 NEXT 131072 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1
              FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "MFG_SRC_DATA" BUILD IMMEDIATE USING INDEX REFRESH COMPLETE ON
              DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT sysdate + 1000000
              WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT LOCAL ROLLBACK SEGMENT DISABLE QUERY REWRITE AS
              SELECT "ATTRIBUTE_VALUES"."ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_ID_NBR" "ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_ID_NBR",
              "ATTRIBUTE_VALUES"."ATTRIBUTE_DEFINITION_ID_NBR" "ATTRIBUTE_DEFINITION_ID_NBR",
              "ATTRIBUTE_VALUES"."UPDATED_BY_PATRON_ID" "UPDATED_BY_PATRON_ID",
              "ATTRIBUTE_VALUES"."ATTRIBUTE_VALUE" "ATTRIBUTE_VALUE"
              FROM "FPS"."ATTRIBUTE_VALUES"@MFG_SRC_USDEV679 "ATTRIBUTE_VALUES";

When I run the above Query using TOAD I am getting the error:

ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object FPS.ATTRIBUTE_VALUES@MFG_SRC_USDEV679.WORLD
              ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
              ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found

When I run the same query using SQL developer I am getting the error:

Error at Command Line:10 Column:11
              Error report:
              SQL Error: ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object FPS.ATTRIBUTE_VALUES@MFG_SRC_USDEV679.WORLD
              ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
              ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found
              04052. 00000 - "error occurred when looking up remote object %s%s%s%s%s"
              *Cause:    An error has occurred when trying to look up a remote object.
              *Action:   Fix the error.  Make sure the remote database system has run
              KGLR.SQL to create necessary views used for querying/looking up
              objects stored in the database.

Can some one please help me to resolve this issue? Also please let me know where can I find the KGLR.SQL.

Thanks & Regards,
              Srinivas
              • 4. Re: KGLR.SQL script ?
                kglr.sql is an an old name for what is now called catrpc.sql - which is located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. Guess they haven't changed the code in the error handlers.

It's supposed to be run from catproc.sql when the database is created. You could try running it again, but the objects it creates are likely already there, for the reason just stated.

As others have already said, it's most probably a problem between Jdeveloper and the database. Jdeveloper 9i is certified for use against 8.1.7.4 databases (not that that means it will always work correctly, but your chances are better), which would likely fix little problems like this.