3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2011 1:40 PM by user6253702 RSS

Open Office in Solaris 10 Sparc

I need to install OpenOffice in solaris 10 sparc. Any ideas in how to install it.
        • 1. Re: Open Office in Solaris 10 Sparc
          This post has been moved from the Solaris 10 subforum to the Open Office Installation forum.
          Perhaps it will be more on-topic.
          • 2. Re: Open Office in Solaris 10 Sparc
            Open Office..
            Installation was great

but does not work ..
            i got the following error message

./openoffice.org3
            ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: libxml2.so.2: version `LIBXML2_2.4.30' not found (required by file /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/../lib/libjvmfwk.so.3)
            ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: libxml2.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
            ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/../lib/libjvmfwk.so.3: symbol xmlFree: referenced symbol not found
            ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/javaldx: symbol jfw_getEnabled: referenced symbol not found

any ideas?
            • 3. Re: Open Office in Solaris 10 Sparc
              user6253702
              I put /opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that fixed the problem. It is looking for libxml2.so.2.

The real problem is it is finding /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 instead of using /opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib/libxml2.so.2. LD_LIBRAY_PATH determines the path and the order. Change the order of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice script.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
              export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Edited by: user6253702 on Mar 30, 2011 11:24 AM

Edited by: user6253702 on Mar 30, 2011 11:34 AM