This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2011 11:06 AM by user649511 RSS

When to update bashrc with R12 env settings

user649511 Guru
Currently Being Moderated
In going through the 2.1.8 wizard Upg to Rel 12.1.1 steps I'm not finding any step that says to update the app login bashrc files to point to the R12 environment settings. At what point should this be done? There are several manual steps like applying patches to the R12 home that would require this. Just wondering what the suggested place in the wizard steps is to change these settings. IE. Right now our appl<sid> owners call our 11i stack env files but at some point need to call the R12. Thanks!

On reviewing this further the better question may be at what piont do we remove any calls to our 11i env file from our application owner bashrc files.

Edited by: user649511 on Mar 1, 2011 9:34 AM
  • 1. Re: When to update bashrc with R12 env settings
    mybro62 Journeyer
    This is not included in the steps of MW - I would recommend that during the upgrade you set your environment manually for each step that requires you to use the app login. After the upgrade is complete point your bashrc file to the new R12 environment files.

During the upgrade you will be required to set your environment for the apps tier, the forms tier, the web tier and the database tier so it would be best if you set these on login during the upgrade to avoid being in the incorrect environment during the upgrade steps.
  • 2. Re: When to update bashrc with R12 env settings
    user649511 Guru
    Thanks for the verification. This is what I have been doing and was planning. I just thought there would be a step in the Wizard that mentioned this directly and I was missing it.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points