Yesterday I posted an entry in my blog regarding some research on using Oracle in the cloud.
[Apex in Amazon Cloud|http://triangle-circle-square.blogspot.com/2011/03/apex-in-amazon-cloud.html]
I have not yet signed up, but it seems a few answers will probably become apparent when I start getting my hands dirty. However, for now I'm trying to find documentation on certain aspects
1) E-mail solutions - I haven't seen anyone post any specific oracle solutions for sending e-mail from an Oracle instance in the cloud using UTL_MAIL. There is talk of SMTP relays, using Amazon's services, and people coming up with various hack solutions. Is there anything definitive out there?
2) The architecture of the Oracle XE AMI - I'm trying to determine what we can do to "pretty" the URLs to assist with SEO. Tim & Morten have suggested using DBMS_EPG, but is this suitable for this particular AMI? Is it using a HTTP Server or EPG - architecture questions like this I'm having trouble resolving.
1. I found the aws ses + smtp better for performance and maintenance.
2.I have been working for long time on forming nice url to have better seo but the stack i'm using not flexible enough (apex+glassfish).
1. Using AWS SES is an option that is becoming more attractive. Documentation here seems to suggest that e-mails will seem like that come from your designated address - have you had any issues with e-mails being flagged as spam?
2. Did you manually construct your Apex/glassfish configuration, or was that using an AMI?
1. I have been using ses for short time, in this time no, none was flagged as spam. aws ses is good if you know your customers, but when you do marketing campaigns you need to monitor your email stats closely.
2. manual configuration, which is frustrating most of the time. I don't think there is any ready ami for apex+glassfish.