8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2011 4:52 AM by 845977 RSS

Worksheet Notifications in OIC

Hi,

In OIC we create payment administrative hierarchy for worksheets processing and approvals. When an analyst submits worksheets for approval the status of the worksheet is changed to 'Submit'. Once this is done is there a possibility to send an eMail notification to the manager. As far as i know the manager can only come to know the status change once he goes to the Payrun Detail page. Can we use Oracle Workflow in achieving this or is there any other solution?
      I'm looking at having a approval process as it is in Marketing Campaign /Budget approvals where notifications are automatically sent to managers.

Can someone share any thoughts on this?

Thanks
      Satti
        • 1. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
          Satti,
          Basically there are three options. There is no standard functionality available that can send notification. But you can choose from these options:

1. You can use subscribe to the event oracle.apps.cn.payment.paysheet and in the in the subscription you can start workflow process that will send notification.
          2. Everytime the worksheet is submitted for approval, system should be generating notes (system generated notes). jtf_notes_pub.create_note fires an event as well as has a post hook. You can use post hook and have your custom workflow there to send notificaiton.
          3. Or subscribe to the event oracle.apps.jtf.cac.notes.create and in the subscription start your workflow.

Thanks
          Nagamohan
          • 2. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
            Hi Nagamohan,

Thanks a lot for the options. Will try your options. I''ve never worked on Oracle Workflows. If i want to send email notifications by subscribing to the events and creating a workflow process, is there any pre requisite for this? Like installing E Mail dispatcher or notification configurator. or it's a built in feature of workflows?

Will be glad if you can share any standard process flows for achieving this.

Thanks again.

Satti
            • 3. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
              Satti,
              No prereqs required.

You do not need thing other than workflow in EBS. If you want to send nottification to their mails, all you need to do is enable notification mailer. Your DBAs can do this for you.

Thanks
              Nagamohan
              • 4. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
                Hi Nagamohan,

I've checked the backend Tables and found no notes being created because of the event oracle.apps.jtf.cac.notes.create. Also, i cudn't find the event oracle.apps.cn.payment.paysheet.

I'm also trying out another option:

Create an Alert on table CN_PAY_APPROVAL_FLOW_ALL and attach this to a Concurrent Request which will initiate a workflow to send notification.

Regards,
                Satti
                • 5. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
                  Satti,
                  Notes are not created because of the event, but notes are autogenerated which raise this event. You can see that jtf_notes_pub is called which raises this event.

What is your version?

Thanks
                  Nagamohan
                  • 6. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
                    Hi Nagamohan,
                    If we subscribe to this event will we be able to capture any required values into the workflow?

I'm wotking on 11.5.10.2

Thanks
                    Satti
                    • 7. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
                      Satti,
                      It will send you the basic information. WIth the key that is sent in the workflow event parameters, you can come back to the source and get what you want to use them.

Thanks
                      Nagamohan
                      • 8. Re: Worksheet Notifications in OIC
                        Hi Nagamohan,

We have a requirement that when worksheet is submitted for approval, it should go for hierarchy based approval flow. Can you please guide me how to capture the event using jtf_notes_pub.create_note?

Thanks,
                        Amit