I would suggest you to use WLST to keep a watch on the threads which can become STUCK threads called Hogger threads. Using the given WLST script in the below link you can get thefollowing feature with it.
Features Of This Script:
1. Ready To Use: The Script is ready to use, it means you need not to edit anything in the WLST script except the email address in line-32.
2. Flexibility: You need to just change the values present in “domains.properties” file like how many Thread Dumps you want to collect when the issue occurs.
3. E-Mail Alert: The Administrator will get to know regarding the issue via an E-Mail alert immediately.
4. Thread Dumps In Mail: The complete Thread Dumps will we sent to the Administrator via the E-Mail so need not to worry about collecting the Thread Dumps.
5. Independent Script: This WLST script can run independently without the help of any Cron-Job utility provided by the operating System (But it can be associated with the Cron-Job utility as well) So it provides more flexibility to the Administrators.
Topic: Sending Email Alert For Stuck Threads With Thread Dumps http://middlewaremagic.com/weblogic/?p=5582
Ravish Mody http://middlewaremagic.com/weblogic Come, Join Us and Experience The Magic…