3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 9:46 AM by Gabriel.D-Oracle RSS

Apex nobody account

I have an apex application that has as page 1 (home page) set to public page so there is no login required. It shows at the upper right hand corner the account is 'nobody' I then have a login next to it so the user can actually login to do some work.

My question is.... it it possible in Apex 4.0 to change the nobody to something else? Nobody sounds kind of odd.

I would prefer to make it 'Anybody' or anything but 'Nobody'.

Where is apex getting that nobody information. and what can be done to override it to someother value?

David Baker
        • 1. Re: Apex nobody account
          The nobody is dealing with the issue that no one is logged into application, so it is displaying a default string. You can run a calculation at application start time and have the APP_USER set with whatever value you want...
                  p_uname       => 'DAMIFINOY',
                  p_session_id  => v('APP_SESSION'),
                  p_app_page    => :APP_ID||':'||:APP_PAGE_ID);
          Thank you,

Tony Miller
          Webster, TX

While it is true that technology waits for no man; stupidity will always stop to take on new passengers.

If this question is answered, please mark the thread as closed and assign points where earned..
          • 2. Re: Apex nobody account
            In your application:
            Shared Components
            User Interface
            Select Theme
            Change page (i.e.One Level Tabs)
            remove &APP_USER. - > to remove "Nobody" or replace with your value
            • 3. Re: Apex nobody account

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to post a solution in case somebody else is searching for it.

What i did to solve the same issue was to create a create an application process (Shared Components > Application Processes) with the following code:

IF V('APP_USER') = 'nobody' THEN
              APEX_CUSTOM_AUTH.SET_USER('unregistered user'); // enter your own text here
              END IF;

This should work regardless of what authentication scheme you are using.

Best regards,