1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 11:13 AM by 904843 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: apache tomcat with apex listener?
        Hi Udo,
        thank you for response.

All functions are ready now.

• 16. Re: apache tomcat with apex listener?
          Hi Udo,

thank you for help last days.

But i have another question, because i am not practised with tomcat.

a)How could i place a new link in the tomcat environment which link to my application login (without apex admintsration) ?
          i.e. http://mydomain/myapp/f?p=100:100

b) How can i place a port in the apex_listener or tomcat, which is only for my apex application ?
          Now i have 2 ports defined in the server.xml file and both work with the tomcat administration page and apex !

c) How to secure the difference between apex administration, apex application and tomcat administration ?

Everyone should start the apex application, but only i should able to start tomcat admin and apex admin pages !

Thank you for help.

Edited by: handwerk.net on 18.02.2011 11:37

Edited by: handwerk.net on 19.02.2011 08:28
          • 17. Re: apache tomcat with apex listener?
            This works just fine with Tomcat 6, but there are problems with 7 as others have noted.

Curious - why would the apex.war need to be unpacked? I ask that question because I am trying to get the listener working with JBoss. I keep getting an exception.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
                 at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
                 at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.WarURIResolver.file(WarURIResolver.java:50)
                 at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.WarURIResolver.findRoot(WarURIResolver.java:35)

• 18. Re: apache tomcat with apex listener?
              handwerk.net wrote:
              But after deploying the standard apex.war the tomcat web services do not start.
              There is an error message in catalina.log which shows this:

INFO: Deploying web application directory apex
              14.02.2011 20:43:31 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester getParser
              SCHWERWIEGEND: Digester.getParser:
              javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: The XDK supports only namespace-aware parsers.
              I know this question has already been answered, but I just wanted to clarify which file was the issue behind the error [as I just ran into the same one, and others may look for it in the future]. After removing xmlparserv2-11.2.0.jar from \apex\WEB-INF\lib, Tomcat ran OK.
              • 19. Re: apache tomcat with apex listener?
                What I did, I removed line "oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.WarURIResolver.file" from oracle.dbtools.rt.services which is saved under apex.jar/META-INF. And APEX started properly, I suspect that is a function to resolve path for docoments root which in tomcat/Jboss is root.war
                • 20. Re: apache tomcat with apex listener?
                  Hello I posted entire step by step method on Linux x86-64 on my blog for APEX topics. The Tomcat one is at the following address.

I know it is late but hopefully it helps !!
                  1 2 Previous Next