1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 26, 2011 3:13 PM by ak RSS

messages lost with file based persistence

Hi,

I am using glassfish 2.1 and Sun Java(tm) System Message Queue 4.3 .

I have few questions regarding the file based persistence with Sum MQ 4.3

I have one Topic (T1) and 1 Queue (Q1) created. File based persistence is turned on. (checked that in default.properties file for imq)

I have producers continuously send messages to T1, which gets routed to Q1. I can see them by using "imqcmd list dst ". So far so good. However, once I restart the cluster, all the messages are gone.

If I understand it correctly, aren't message are supposed to be written to file store when I stop the cluster, and retreived back to the queues at start time ? How can I debug this ?

I have few more questions for my understanding of File Based persistence:

1) How to check if a queue is persistent or not.
      2) Is there a different file for each queue or 1?
      3) Is vrfile the one that stores every message.
      4) I see messages in vrfile under /<instance>/fs370/messages/TT1/vrfile. But these messages are not loaded back into queue. Why could be the reason ?
      5) Is there a good link for explaining all these intrinsic details ?

Any ideas will be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: messages lost with file based persistence
          ak
          I have producers continuously send messages to T1, which gets routed to Q1.
          4) I see messages in vrfile under /<instance>/fs370/messages/TT1/vrfile. But these messages are not loaded back into queue. Why could be the reason ?
          Assuming your application did "route" messages in T1 to Q1, if after broker restarts, the messages in Q1 was gone, check to see if your application sent messages to Q1 as PERSISTENT messages; if you had a durable subscription (for "route" from T1 to Q1) on T1 before the broker restarted, check, imqcmd list dur, to see if the same durable subscription activated after broker restarted; besides these, check broker log to see any exception on destination loading in case the following issue applicable
          http://java.net/jira/browse/MQ-77

For more information on the file-based persistent store, please see
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2438/gheap.html