1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2011 6:07 AM by 817396 RSS

How to enable automatic re-connection with Diameter Peer

We are having an application on OCCAS that connects to the HSS using the Profile Service.
      The connection with the HSS goes to a closed state when the application receives a DPR (Disconnect-Peer-Request) from the HSS. This happens when the HSS shuts down for some maintenance activities.
      We now have to restart the OCCAS container for the application to re-connect with the HSS.

Is there any way, the Diameter application on the OCCAS server to retry the connection after a specific time interval and reconnect automatically?
      Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: How to enable automatic re-connection with Diameter Peer
          Hi,
          i have the same problems. As i can see DPR is sent to COMMON application (ApplicationId=0) but not to my custom application. How can we catch and handle this message?
          i was investigated 2 scenarios:
          1. Connection is lost when session is active. In this case we have an exception and then don't trying to re-send our message.
          2. Connection is lost when session is inactive. In this case when we start session we try send messages (exceptions caught) and seems the re-start application is not required.

Any suggestions?

Thanks