This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 1:19 PM by 787778 RSS

BEA workshop moved around and repackaged

787778 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
With the upgrade from weblogic 10.0 to 10.3 a lot of things have changed. Librarys have been moved around and repackaged. Can someone tell me where to find some of these library files. (Note this directory structure is from 10.0). In 10.3, there is not workshop directory under wl.home. thanks

<pathelement location="${wl.home}/workshop/lib/workshop-antlib.jar" />
                    <pathelement location="${wl.home}/workshop/lib/workshop-util.jar" />
                    <pathelement location="${wl.home}/workshop/lib/workshop-j2eelib.jar" />
                    <pathelement location="${wl.home}/workshop/lib/workshop-splitsrc.jar" />
                    <pathelement location="${wl.home}/../modules/net.sf.antcontrib_1.0b2.0/lib/ant-contrib.jar" />
                    <pathelement location="${wl.home}/portal/lib/eclipse/wlp-antlib.jar" />
  • 1. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    kosta Journeyer
    This snippet appears to be from the Workshop exported Ant script. You need to re-export the Ant scripts after the upgrade. In Workshop 10.3 the scripts find these libraries in a different manner. You will see a wizard that will let you export these libraries next to the wizard that exports Ant scripts. I believe, there is also a wizard to export both together. Place these libraries somewhere where they will be accessible to your build files.

- Konstantin
  • 2. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    787778 Newbie
    thank you so much konst for your quick response. Could you be a bit clearer on what and where to find this wizard. Just a little more info i think will be useful to take it on. thanks again. What are the necessary prerequisites i need to run this wizard?
  • 3. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    kosta Journeyer
    There are no particular requirements. Just the obvious one... Workshop

You will need to poke around yourself to find the names of the wizards. It should be obvious. I don't have this product installed.

- Konstantin
  • 4. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    60728 Newbie
    The location for workshop-antlib.jar(<pathelement location="${wl.home}/workshop/lib/workshop-antlib.jar" />) would be D:\<Workspace_location>\workshop-lib. If the "workshop-lib" folder is not there already then you can create in eclipse/weblogic workshop by selecting the following

Select project -> Export -> Workshop build scripts -> Work shop ant scripts.
  • 5. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    787778 Newbie
    hi syzack,

Just an FYI. I recently upgraded to weblogic 10.3 and it seems that this latest version doesn't have a workshop ide tool but instead a pure eclipse IDE. Thus when i do a Select project -> Export -> Workshop build scripts -> Work shop ant scripts as you suggested, I dont see the "Workship build scripts" option. Do you have any suggestion? The only thing i see closest to that option is:

Export -> Ant Buildfiles

here is my workshop version:

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.5.0
    Build id: I20090611-1540
  • 6. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    kosta Journeyer
    Just an FYI. I recently upgraded to weblogic 10.3 and it seems that this latest version doesn't have a workshop ide tool but instead a pure eclipse IDE.
    It sounds like Workshop plugins to Eclipse are not activating for you. This is most frequently caused by Eclipse failing to find JVM 1.5 or newer on your system. If it starts with JVM 1.4, then Workshop plugins will not activate, but other parts of Eclipse will.

First, make sure you have a JVM 1.5 or 1.6 install. Then edit eclipse.ini or workshop.ini file in your IDE install dir. Add the following lines at the very start:

-vm
    [absolute-path-to-javaw.exe]

If there is already -vm entry, check to see where it points and whether that JVM install exists and is at least 1.5.

- Konstantin
  • 7. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    787778 Newbie
    thanks konst for quick reply. I checked and its point to jrockit equivalent of java1.5 >. Here is the content:

-vm C:/bea/jrockit_160_14_R27.6.5-32/jre/bin/javaw.exe
    -startup
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20090520.jar
    --launcher.library
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519
    -showsplash
    org.eclipse.platform
    --launcher.XXMaxPermSize
    256m
    -vmargs
    -Xms40m
    -Xmx256m
    -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
    -Dweblogic.home=C:/bea/wlserver_10.3
  • 8. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    kosta Journeyer
    In that case, your install is probably corrupted in some way. I suggest a fresh install (into a separate location).

- Konstantin
  • 9. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    787778 Newbie
    Hi Konst,

I made some progress locating locating some of the missing library files but now am stuck with the below error. Where is mdimport ant task defined?? and how do i include it in my script so its visible? thanks

BUILD FAILED
    C:\src\bea\workspaces\AlibrisDev\AlibrisJunit\build.xml:104: Problem: failed to create task or type mdimport
    Cause: The name is undefined.
    Action: Check the spelling.
    Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
    Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.
  • 10. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    kosta Journeyer
    It is in the workshop libraries that you are supposed to export together with the ant files.
  • 11. Re: BEA workshop moved around and repackaged
    787778 Newbie
    Can anybody please tell me what jar file contains the definition of ant task "mdimport". Since our upgrade from wls10 to wls10.3, mdimport no longer works. Where does it live? thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points