6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2011 1:43 PM by user13772649 RSS

Audit Vault Agent Installation issue

Hi All,

I have installed the following things

1) Audit Vault Server (10.2.2.0.1) on a Windows 2003 Server

2) I completed the post-installation tasks

3) I am trying to install Audit Vault agent (10.2.2) on HPUX (11.11) machine.

I start the AV Agent runInstaller, and fill the details like AVAgent name, Username, connect String etc, then click on next , it throws the following error:

"error1: the AV server is expecting an agent with the given name to be installed on another machine"

I am able to ping from Windows to HP machine and Vice versa (By IP Address and Hostname).

Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong and how to solve it.

Please mail to my email address (rakesh.chandra@oracle.com)

Thanks & Regards,
      Rakesh
        • 1. Re: Audit Vault Agent Installation issue
          damorgan
          It appears that the configuration on your AV Server indicated this particular agent would be installed on a different server.

Go back to your documentation from your AV Server install and look at precisely what you entered at each step.

Unfortunately the AV team has, from a database perspective, misused words like connect string and host so also be sure that you understand their intent and don't assume the words have their usual meaning.

If you are still having problems then you will need to post what you entered on the server and what you are entering on the target.
          • 2. Re: Audit Vault Agent Installation issue
            Hi,

The details of the installation done so far:

1) I have installed "Oracle Audit Vault Server (10.2.2)" on a Windows 2003 machine providing the following details

a) Audit vault Name
            b) Audit Vault Home
            c) Audit Vault Administrator
            d) Administrator Password
            e) Audit Vault Auditor
            f) Ausitor Password
            g) Database Vault Owner and Manager
            h) Created a Audit Vault Agent user and added the user to the udit Vault server using AVCA.

2)I invoke the "Audit Vault Agent" Installer from a HP-UX machine and provide details viz.,

a) Audit vault Agent Name (Same name when i executed the AVCA command above)
            b) Aduit Vault Agent Home
            c) Agent Username
            d) Agent Password
            e) Audit Vault Server Connect String (Provide the Database details as mentioned in Audit Vault Server (localhost:port:servicename)

and when i click on the next button it throws me the following error:

"error1: the AV server is expecting an agent with the given name to be installed on another machine".

Hope this gives you a better idea. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,
            Rakesh
            • 3. Re: Audit Vault Agent Installation issue
              damorgan
              You missed the point of my post. Of course you provided AV Home and Name, etc.

The point was that the words don't have the same meaning as they do in the database. What you provided, since you haven't posted it, may not be the values expected. Actually, given the error message you received I can tell you with 99% certainty they are not the values expected.

You need to review the AV docs and make sure you specifically understand the AV specific intent of such parameters as:
              -agentname
              -agenthost
              -agentusr
              -srcusr
              -avsrcusr
              -srcname
              connect string
              etc.
              • 4. Re: Audit Vault Agent Installation issue
                I met the same error when I was installing the agent on the same machine with the AV server.

After I recreate another agent with "AVCA add_agent" command and use this new created agent to install, it got passed.
                • 5. Re: Audit Vault Agent Installation issue
                  emre baransel
                  did you create the user that you specify in `agent user name` on the audit vault server database.

did you check the connect string=> hostname:port:service_name
                  • 6. Re: Audit Vault Agent Installation issue
                    user13772649
                    I don´t know if you need the answer yet, but just in case I explained what is the problem:

The problem is the when you add the agent with this command avca, the meanning of the parameters are not so clear, mainly one important parameter, in the next example:

with this values:
                    Audit Vault Server name: ServerAV
                    Host Server name (client machine o machine when you have the soruce db): ServerSource

correct comand and parameters values:

avca add_agent -agentname avagent1 -agenthost ServerSource -agentusr avagentuser1

If you observe the important thing is put the correct value in the -agenthost. This is NOT the name of the Audit Vault Server, is the name of the machine when you like to install the Audilt Vault Agent later.

I hope that this answer is usefull