12 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2011 12:08 PM by suduncan-Oracle RSS

Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors

ss396s
      I am trying to setup the repository connection to task and MS Project Server... What are the parameters to setup a task repository. I am using project server 2010... Its the URL just the PWA URL?

Edited by: ss396s on Apr 19, 2011 6:48 AM
        • 1. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
          suduncan-Oracle
          Hi

For the task repository, just add the Task connector, you don't need any parameter for the server as it is part of the TPC install DB.

For MSProject Server. We only support 2007 at the moment. I don't know if there are significant changes to the API for 2010. But, to add 2007 you would just use the <server:port>/PWA format for the repository

let me know how you get on

rgds

Susan
          • 2. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
            ss396s
            When I click on the team menu and manage accounts, it shows me a screen where I can pick setup for task repository, but when I click ok, it just clsoed them menu.... I cannot create any tasks... I can create a CVS repository, but there is no place to configure connection info...
            • 3. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
              suduncan-Oracle
              Can you clarify what happens if you do the following:

Tasks
              1. Open Team Administration, go to Repositories Tab
              2. Create (or select if there) a new work item repository - select Task as the connector type
              3. don't enter anything in the server or parameter fields
              4. go to Teams tab
              5. select your team and go to Team Repositories tab, check Tasks repository
              6. OK to save and close
              7. go to Manage Accounts
              8. select Task work item repos (as created above)
              9. enter your tpc username/pwd
              10. OK to save and close
              11. double click Task repos in work item navigator
              12. right click - new Task and create task

CVS
              1. Open Team Admin, go to Repositories tab
              2. Select Versioning system and create new CVS connector
              3. go to Teams tab, select your team
              4. check CVS repos
              5. enter credentials to cvs repos for that team
              6. go to Manage accounts and enter login details

note that the CVS creds are on the Team repos tab - to allow access to separate areas of one CVS repos (as required) for different teams using the same CVS repos)

regards

susan
              • 4. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                ss396s
                Tasks
                1. Open Team Administration, go to Repositories Tab
                2. Create (or select if there) a new work item repository - select Task as the connector type
                3. don't enter anything in the server or parameter fields
                4. go to Teams tab
                5. select your team and go to Team Repositories tab, check Tasks repository
                6. OK to save and close
                7. go to Manage Accounts
                8. select Task work item repos (as created above)
                9. enter your tpc username/pwd
                Repository server box is blank.
                Entered my tpc login which I used to connect to team server
                press ok.  Nothing happens.  Does not save or close the box.
                Press test - "Enter values on Login and Password Fields then " Click Test"
                Test does not execute.
                10. OK to save and close
                11. double click Task repos in work item navigator
                12. right click - new Task and create task

CVS
                1. Open Team Admin, go to Repositories tab
                2. Select Versioning system and create new CVS connector
                Create a CV connection, no server or other info can be entererd
                3. go to Teams tab, select your team
                4. check CVS repos
                5. enter credentials to cvs repos for that team
                Entered.. Method is :pserver ?
                6. go to Manage accounts and enter login details
                No Versioning or CVS node shows up to enter info
                • 5. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                  suduncan-Oracle
                  hi

can you check if you have another connection to the task connector defined in Repositories?

thanks

susan
                  • 6. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                    ss396s
                    Under work items
                    I have one task connection and one project connection
                    Under Versioning
                    One CVS connection
                    • 7. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                      suduncan-Oracle
                      Hi,

My mistake - I missed a small but vital step ;-(

go into Repositories tab
                      select your Task repository from the list
                      On the right, click the green New Repository Server button
                      give it a name (generally people call it Task)
                      click OK

now you have selected the repos server for the Task repository, you will be able to login under Manage Accounts.

But thank you for posting this. I can see that it is not very intuitive and have raised a bug to look at how the repository server connection is made and documented

rgds

susan
                      • 8. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                        ss396s
                        I tried that previously and it did not work.

I did it again as you suggested and when I hit test connection, it give the message
                        TPC-00011: Connector for "Task-DW11g" may not be properly installed. Use Check for Update to install or fix the problem.

I did install it..

When I click on the task in the team window, I get the same error..... I am connected to TPC as I can see the team members I created.
                        • 9. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                          suduncan-Oracle
                          Hmm, generally that error only appears if the connector is not installed. Could you try the following:

- go to Preferences - Extensions - find Team Productivity Center Task Connector. What is the version number?

- go to Check For Updates and see if the Task Connector appears in the list of available updates

thanks

susan
                          • 10. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                            ss396s
                            It was not installed....Originally when I installed it, I selected Task and projects... It only installed projects. I went back and selected task, but it did not install it appears. You can only do one connector at a time I guess. I just installed it again.

What is the format of the project server fields?
                            login user domain\user ?
                            The project names have spaces in them ... I can double quote them?
                            Is there anyway to debug the connection. Projects is the more likely connection I will use.

I get invalid login name or user with projects.

-Steve
                            • 11. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                              Steve,

Looks like the repository server "Task-DW11g" has been created. That is cool. Let's figure out the client side task connector issue. Please try the following:
                              1) close JDeveloper and go to your JDeveloper install folder and identify: \jdeveloper\jdev\extensions\oracle.teamproductivitycenter.task.jar. Delete this file if it is there.
                              2) go to your JDeveloper install folder and identify: \jdeveloper\jdev\extensions\oracle.teamproductivitycenter\connectors\Task. Delete this folder if it is there.
                              3) go back to "Check for Update" and select "Oracle Team Productivity Center - Task Connector 11.1.1.4.37.59.36" and install it.
                              4) after JDeveloper restarts, expand the Task repository node and see if you can log in this time.

For the MSProject server connector, only FORMS authentication is used for user login. User cannot login if NTLM authentication is used. To configure FORMS authentication, please see this link. This is also documented in "Oracle Team Productivity Center Installer Guide".

The project names defined at team repository level can contain spaces but please use double quotes to enclose them.

Please let us know if the above steps help.

Thanks.
                              Yong
                              • 12. Re: Team Productivity Center: using task and MS Proejct connectors
                                suduncan-Oracle
                                Steve,

Are you still experiencing any issues with TPC or are they solved?

rgds

susan