This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 11:47 AM by 580144 RSS

R12 iStore - Jdeveloper Setup - What version of Jdev and Steps

439226 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

We are facing issues configuring development environment for R12 istore in Jdeveloper. Anybody knows what version of Jdeveloper we have to use to setup Developement environment for R12 12.1.3 version of iStore? Also the steps to setup and run the istore from Jdeveloper.

We tried useing Jdev11g but had problems with OA_MEDIA images files accessing in the page and also got lot of java related exceptions while opening the login page.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Kumar
  • 1. Re: R12 iStore - Jdeveloper Setup - What version of Jdev and Steps
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    JDeveloper 11g is not supported -- Please see these docs/links for the correct version of JDeveloper you can use.

How to find the correct version of JDeveloper to use with eBusiness Suite 11i or Release 12.x [ID 416708.1]
    What Setup is Required to Create Custom JSP Pages to Run on the Ebusiness Suite 11i and R12+? [ID 884200.1]
    Configuring JDeveloper For Use With Oracle Applications 11i and R12 [ID 330236.1]

Choosing the Right JDeveloper Release for Your EBS Environment
    http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2011/02/jdeveloper_ebs_versions.html

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: R12 iStore - Jdeveloper Setup - What version of Jdev and Steps
    439226 Newbie
    Thanks for the quick Response Hussein

Does that doc applies to iStore also? I have downloaded the version suggested in the document id (Jdev 10.1.3.3.0), but when i try to run after configuring all the istore code, i got the following error.

Request URI:/iStoreR12Development-Project-context-root/OA_HTML/ibeCZzpHome.jsp
    Exception:
    OracleJSP:oracle.jsp.provider.JspCompileException:
    Errors compiling:C:\iStore\Jdev\r12\Project\classes\.jsps\_oa__html\_ibeCZzpHome.java
    Line # Error
    [jsp src:/OA_HTML/jtfincl.jsp:line #:87]
    error #300: ImageContext not found in class oracle.cabo.ui.RootRenderingContext in class oracle.cabo.ui.ServletRenderingContext in class oracle.apps.jtf.cabo.wrapper.JTFServletRenderingContext in class oa_html._ibeCZzpHome oracle.apps.jtf.cabo.wrapper.JTFServletRenderingContext jttuix_renderingContext = null;

Even when i run the ibeCAcdLogin.jsp, i got the same error..

Thanks
    Kumar

Edited by: Kumar28 on Mar 19, 2011 12:11 PM
  • 3. Re: R12 iStore - Jdeveloper Setup - What version of Jdev and Steps
    580144 Newbie
    Are you trying to run iStore locally, and edit with JDeveloper?

Install Oracle JDeveloper Studio Edition for iStore R12
    According to Metalink Article 419887.1, "Oracle iStore Development Recomends jDeveloper 10.1.2. This is the only version tested by Oracle support." To ease development, it is recommended that you download the test .jsp files, attached to Metalink Article 419887.1.

Download JDeveloper
    JDeveloper Studio Edition 10.x should come with your fusion middleware package. (Our version was 10.1.3.3) Install your provided version or:
    Download JDeveloper Studio Edition Version 10.1.3.3
    Web: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/downloads/soft10133-100981.html

Create a New Project to Edit iStore with JDeveloper
    I'm still struggling with this part. There are specific pages that must be modified, but the documentation in Metalink Article 419887.1 applies only to R11. It suggests that modify the parameters in your local instance, and run the application locally.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points