3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2011 8:58 AM by captfoss RSS

Please Help!A question about full duplex!

attar
      We code a program that can two-way voice base on JMF, javasound, sip and rtp..
      It is ok that I begin to speak from server-side to client-side and two-way voice is clear.
      but..
      It is not ok that I begin to speak from cilent-side to server-side, the cilent-side voice is clear, but server-side voice sound like some pause,(example:I say from server-side that "I am a JMF program", and I hear from client-side that "I .. a .. program..") some data packet lost..
      I use player.start() to play the cilent-side voice, but if I do not play the cilent-side voice, the server-side voice is clear.
      Why? Please help!
        • 1. Re: Please Help!A question about full duplex!
          captfoss
          attar wrote:
          I use player.start() to play the cilent-side voice, but if I do not play the cilent-side voice, the server-side voice is clear.
          Why? Please help!
          No idea... if I had to guess, I'd say it's probably insufficient resources of some sort, most likely. Not enough network bandwidth, not enough processor cycles... etc...
          • 2. Re: Please Help!A question about full duplex!
            attar
            thanks captfoss !
            what is your meaning about "not enough processor cycles"?
            Now I found I must build a datasource javasound to get the voice form mic, then I can play a voice from cilent-side. If it is not this order, I play voice first, and then get the voice from mic, the voice will be not clear, why?
            • 3. Re: Please Help!A question about full duplex!
              captfoss
              attar wrote:
              thanks captfoss !
              what is your meaning about "not enough processor cycles"?
              By processor cycles, I mean literally processor cycles. "CPU cycles" is perhaps more clear in JMF context...
              Now I found I must build a datasource javasound to get the voice form mic, then I can play a voice from cilent-side. If it is not this order, I play voice first, and then get the voice from mic, the voice will be not clear, why?
              I have no idea what you just said...