This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2011 1:10 PM by anns RSS

Excluding Web Service channel for Workflow condition

anns Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,
We have a workflow that is a cancel/save workflow to stop users from marking a lead as qualified without entering certain data fields - specifically estimated close date. There are cases where we have imported leads directly into the system as qualified and those leads were not imported with an estimated close date. We have a WEB SERVICE which will update the sales person field. The WEB SERVICE is failing because it is hitting the Workflow cancel/save.

It's my understanding that I can use the exclude channel ('Web Services') as part of my WF condition to allow the web service to 'skip' the workflow. I have tried it numerous ways and it is not working.

Here's two of the ways we have tried the syntax....the differences are the () groupings.

Attempt #1
(([<Status>]='Qualifying') OR ([<Status>]='Rejected')OR (PRE('<Status>')<>'Qualified' AND [<Status>]='Qualified' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL) OR (PRE('<Status>')='Qualified' AND[<Status>]='Qualified' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL) OR (PRE('<Status>')<>'Converted' AND [<Status>]='Converted' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL) OR (PRE('<Status>')='Converted' AND[<Status>]='Converted' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL)) AND ExcludeChannel('Web Services')

Attempt #2
((([<Status>]='Qualifying') OR ([<Status>]='Rejected')OR (PRE('<Status>')<>'Qualified' AND [<Status>]='Qualified' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL) OR (PRE('<Status>')='Qualified' AND[<Status>]='Qualified' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL) OR (PRE('<Status>')<>'Converted' AND [<Status>]='Converted' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL) OR (PRE('<Status>')='Converted' AND[<Status>]='Converted' AND [<EstimatedCloseDate>] IS NOT NULL)) AND ExcludeChannel('Web Services'))

I have tried some other iterations and am having no luck....anyone see what I am doing wrong??

Thanks!
Ann
  • 1. Re: Excluding Web Service channel for Workflow condition
    849404 Newbie
    Hi Ann, did you find a solution to this? I've used exclude channel for 'imports' and would like to know if it works for web services as well.
  • 2. Re: Excluding Web Service channel for Workflow condition
    anns Newbie
    Well, I got it working by actually not using the exclude channel for webservices and import.
    I went with using a specific user id for my particular case it worked much better.

Since I was using cancel/save and by definition Exlcude Channel returns a FALSE response, so then I combined NOT Exclude Channel (web services) and Not exclude channel for import. Unfortunatly, I think we have too many 'not' and I ran into issues.

I think if you have a standard workflow (not cancel/save) then Exclude Channel ('Web Service' ) does work.

hope that helps.
    Ann

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points