5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 4:29 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.

mustang444
      Hi,

My system details..

E-Buisness Suite R12.1.3 running over Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.3.
      Exchange Server 2010.

I configured sendmail and it is working fine when i sent email from linux to our domain.
      Our Exchange Server 2010 is SSL enabled.

I did SMTP test it is OK.
      I tried to configure Mailer it returns
      Unable to connect to the email account. Check the host, user name

Please suggest what procedure or MOS note i have to follow to configure Mailer successfully ...

Alig
        • 1. Re: While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          I tried to configure Mailer it returns
          Unable to connect to the email account. Check the host, user name
          Can you post the details of Workflow mailer configuration?
          Please suggest what procedure or MOS note i have to follow to configure Mailer successfully ...
          Please refer to these docs.

Oracle Workflow Best Practices Release 12 and Release 11i [ID 453137.1]
          How to Perform a Meaningful SMTP Telnet Test to Troubleshoot Java Mailer For Sending Email Notificatoins [ID 753845.1]
          Oracle Workflow ATG Support: R12 Java Mailer Setup Diagnostic Test [ID 748421.1]
          Oracle Workflow Release 12 Diagnostics [ID 469822.1]
          Script To Check What Workflow Related Patches Are Installed in EBusiness Suite R12 [ID 461431.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.
            mustang444
            Hi
            Hussein,

My worlflow configuration.

As we have SMTP & POP3 on same server. our adminsitrator has enabled IMAP on the same server & all of them are SSL enabled.

Inbound EMail Account
            Inbound Protocol: IMAP
            Outbound Server Name: IP address of IMAP(imap,smtp or pop3 on same server)
            Username:wfmailer@domain.com
            passwrod:*****

Outbound EMail Account
            Outbound Protocol: SMTP
            Outbound Server Name: IP address of E-business Server
            when next button is clicked it returns error: Validation error occurred. Please check indicated fields below.
            Error at Inbound:Unable to connect to the email account. Check the host, user name and password
            Error at Outbound:Unable to make a network connection.

Please suggest..

Alig
            • 3. Re: While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Username:wfmailer@domain.com
              when next button is clicked it returns error: Validation error occurred. Please check indicated fields below.
              Error at Inbound:Unable to connect to the email account. Check the host, user name and password
              Change the username to wfmailer and see if you get the same error or not.
              Error at Outbound:Unable to make a network connection.
              Please see these docs.

Unable To Make A Network Connection For IMAP Username/Password In Workflow Mailer Configuration [ID 784247.1]
              Workflow Cannot Connect to IMAP Sever: "Unable to Make a Network Connection" [ID 577592.1]
              Error Validation Error Has Occurred: Unable To Make A Network Connection During Mailer Setup [ID 834054.1]
              How to Troubleshoot 'Validation failed' Errors when Starting the Mailer [ID 463354.1]
              Workflow Mailer Will Not Start Stays In Starting Status [ID 837893.1]
              Unable To Connect To The Mail Account. Check The Host, User Name And Password [ID 1123684.1]
              Mailer cannot Connect to IMAP Server on Oracle Applications R12.1.1 [ID 1300542.1]

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.
                Vivek Jain
                Hi Hussein,

I am facing exactly the same issue,can you please recommend the solution.
                • 5. Re: While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  user13484195 wrote:
                  Hi Hussein,

I am facing exactly the same issue,can you please recommend the solution.
                  Please see/update your other thread -- While configuring Workflow Notificaiton Mailer it returns an error.

Thanks,
                  Hussein