I have a query that works fine, when I add sorting to it, I get failed to parse SQL query:
ORA-00911: invalid character. The report displays an office, county, state, type1, type2, cost. I need it to sort: state, county, type1, type2 in that order. Nothing seems to be working properly with any of these sorts. These fields only contain text data. Using HTMLDB 1.61
Did you get anywhere with your ORA-00911? Just wondering, as I received a bunch of them the other day when running scripts on htmldb.oracle.com - it seems a special (hidden) character was being appended to my file whenever I uploaded (I had to edit each file after the upload and delete what appeared to be a blank line, at the end of the file).
On another note, did you ever do anything with Crystal Reports and HTMLDB (I see you were asking questions last year - if so write to me at Paul.Leland@gnb.ca )
Put it on htmldb.oracle.com and I can take a look. Do I understand you correctly, that if you use your own order-by itâs working, and if you sort-enable your report, instead of using order-by, it fails? And what are your sort sequence settings?
Yes, It will not sort using the built in htmldb sorting features, but order by works. I imported my application onto htmldb.oracle.com
region: Abstractor Region/Cost Assignment.
This region probably won't work as I didn't create all the tables I needed, but, you'll see what I am doing, and hopefully you will understand what's going on.
That region contains an order-by â which youâre saying is working. I was more curious to see your report with column heading sorting enabled. It should be working just fine, enable the columns you want to order by, make the appropriate selections for sort sequence (at least one, and select only those columns that are actually sort enabled).
Yeah, I'm just wondering if anyone figured out what was causing this. It's not a showstopper for me, but I find it a little strange.
I have an SQL report that does a couple of joins, pre-formatting, etc. The SQL also contains an "ORDER BY" clause. I add a derived column to the report, and immediately I start receiving ORA-00911. If I delete either the derived column or the "ORDER BY" clause, the report starts working again.
I'm guessing this is something internal....