I have recently installed glassfish 2.1.1, which also comes with OpenMQ 4.4 .
But how do I find out what is the update number of OpenMQ ?
Currenlty, it shows me following
com.sun.messaging.jmq Version Information
Product Compatibility Version: 4.4
Protocol Version: 4.4
Target JMS API Version: 1.1
I want to find out if bug http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6961586 has been fixed in this version or not. I still see the same behavior as OpenMQ 4.3.
According to the bug, it is fixed in OpenMQ 4.4u2p1(b01)
Bug ID: 6961586
Synopsis msgs left in queue not delivered to any consumer after MT consumers consume 1 msg then close repeatl
Release Fixed 4.5(b_11), 4.4u2p1(b01) (Bug ID:2195892)
State 10-Fix Delivered, Verified, bug
Related Bugs 6870832 , 6965092 , 2195900
Submit Date 16-JUN-2010
Here is what I see...
Sun GlassFish(tm) Message Queue 4.4
Sun Microsystems, Inc. Version: 4.4 (Build 16-a)
Compile: Thu Aug 27 07:43:07 PDT 2009
Now, is Version: 4.4 (Build 16-a) newer than 4.4u2p1(b01) ?
You have MQ 4.4.
The bug is fixed in MQ 4.4 Update 2 Patch 1.
The version you have is older and the bug was fixed in a later version.
MQ 4.4 Update 2 Patch 1 is included in the lastest GF 2.1.1 patch if you are a supported customer.
Or you can install OpenMQ 4.5 which also includes the fix.
Thanks for your help..
Can I just install OpenMQ 4.5 and integrate it with glassfish 2.1.1 ?
Migrating to glassfish 3 is not possible at this time, as the application is in production, and I have installation scripts that use installation file to do silent installation, as weil as scripts to auto create node-agents, and do a lot of other customization.
All that is not possible to change in this timeline.
Edited by: vineet on May 4, 2011 8:13 PM
Can you reproduce your problem in an isolated environment (i.e. not in production)?
You could try manually upgrading 2.1.1 to use 4.5 (by replacing the files in imq/bin and imq/lib with the ones in 4.5, and unzipping the 4.5 version of imqjmsra.rar into lib/install/applications/jmsra) but this isn't tested or supported and I would advise against doing in production. However if you can reproduce your problem in an isolated environment it would probably allow you to confirm whether or not the bug is fixed in that version.
Since this is not a supported procedure I can't point you at you at detailed documentation and don't want to get drawn into writing any. But basically you need to
replace the files in imq/bin (under your GlassFish 2.1.1 installation) with the ones in mq/bin (under your GlassFish 3.1 installation)
replace the files in imq/lib (under your GlassFish 2.1.1 installation) with the ones in mq/bin (under your GlassFish 3.1 installation)
unjar imqjmsra.rar (which is in mq/bin under your 3.1 installation) into lib/install/applications/jmsra (under your GlassFish 2.1.1 installation), thereby replacing the files already there.