9 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2011 5:24 AM by fac586 RSS

Navigate to different pages through form process

Hi All,

I want to write a process in my form page on selection of select list.

I have two select list with yes and no option. Select list names are A,B

I have to write a process in the form page in such a way that if A is selected as Yes and B is selected as No navigate to page 1. If A is selected as No and B is Yes then navigate to page 2. If both A and B selected Yes then naviagte to page 3 and when both selected as No then navigate to page 4.

And at the same time i have to pass the value of A and B to the respective pages according to their selection

Any suggestions on this

Thanks in advance

Regards

Edited by: User_Apex on May 17, 2011 1:48 AM
        • 1. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
          fac586
          Sounds like basic conditional branching.

Use PL/SQL Expression conditions on the branches based on the combinations of A/B values.
          • 2. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
            Hi fac,

Thanks for writing.
            I dont have to branch to only one page. I have to branch to different pages on select of form field.

Regards
            • 3. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
              Rene W.
              Hi, you can create 4 branches on your page.

Branch 1 will navigate to page 1, on condition that A = yes and B = no. It will set p1_item1 to value X and p1_item2 to value Y

Branch 2 will navigate to page 2, on condition that A = no and B = yes. It will set p2_item67 to value Z and p2_item68 to value G

etc...
              • 4. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
                Hi Rene,

What will be the condition type. Will it be plsql function returning boolean?
                • 5. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
                  fac586
                  What will be the condition type. Will it be plsql function returning boolean?
                  No, PL/SQL Expression as noted above.
                  • 6. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
                    Hi,

I have selected the branch condition as plsql expression and given the express as
                    NVL(:P1_A,'N') = 'Y'[/ccode]

it is navigating me to page 2 if i am selecting the value of P1_A as Y. But i want it in different way. I want this to navigate to page 2 only if P1_A is Y and P1_B is N

Regards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
                    • 7. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
                      fac586
                      Combine the conditions in the PL/SQL expression using Boolean operators:
                          nvl(:p1_a, 'N') = 'Y'
                      and nvl(:p1_b, 'N') = 'N'
                      (And code formatting tags are *<tt>\
                      ...\
                      </tt>*, not <tt>
                      ...[\code]</tt>)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
                      • 8. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
                        Hi Fac,

It is working fine. But i have a multiselect list value also in the form page and i want to pass the value of multiselect list to the report item.

ANy suggestion how i can send it
                        • 9. Re: Navigate to different pages through form process
                          fac586
                          ANy suggestion how i can send it
                          Using the Set these items...With these values properties of the branch Action.