7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 7:28 AM by Gyan Darpan RSS

Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3

Quick question I think. When I tried configuring my EBS 12.1.3 DB and APPS servers I followed the README files included in the respective folders but I think I may have misconfigured them now that I look at the "Oracle VM Templates for E-Business Suite: Deployment Guide". Plus it's not working :o(
      For example on my database server the db name is PROD. Does it need to be VIS?
      From the APP server I can issue sqlplus apps/apps and connect to my database but if I try via the adstrtal script it fails with a "Database connection could not be established" error.
      When I initially connected to the console I wasn't sure what the apps password was supposed to be so I provided something which I guess has messed up autoconfig?

So my quick question is can I re-configure my setup by running the script ebiz_reconfig in /u01 or do I need to delete the VM and re-import?

Edited by: user6445925 on May 16, 2011 12:41 PM
        • 1. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
          This post has been moved from the Oracle VM subforum to the EBS General Discussion forum, for better topic alignment. Hopefully it will get visibility to those familiar with the configuration of EBS, rather than those familiar with virtual desktops.
          • 2. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
            Thanks I was thinking the same thing. I realised the README files with the 12.1.3 files were likely more current as they referenced 12.1.3 instead of 12.1.1.
            So I decided I would drop my VM's and re-create to gain experience and see if it worked any better.
            The DB server seems to work ok again (went with PROD as the SID) and it is available etc.
            The APPS server again doesn't work when trying to run adstrtal.sh. I did have to edit my tnsnames.ora file and use the ip_address of the db server since these servers to not have DNS entries for them. I was wondering if that might be causing issues or is a requirement.
            I'll spend some more time troubleshooting but if anybody has any tips or troubleshooting suggestions let me know.

Edited by: user6445925 on May 17, 2011 7:34 AM

Might be further ahead now that I added my db server to /etc/hosts on my app server as startapps.sh seemed to fire off and now I just need to verify (fingers crossed).

Edited by: user6445925 on May 17, 2011 7:47 AM

Although I can initially get the login screen it would appear my lack of a valid DNS entry makes the client browser fail.

Edited by: user6445925 on May 17, 2011 7:54 AM
            • 3. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
              Might need a little help here after all. Still not working and if I check my adstral.log I see:
              adalnctl.sh version 120.3
              Checking for FNDFS executable.
              Starting listener process APPS_PROD.
              adalnctl.sh: exiting with status 1

Then later at the end of the Execution Report:
              "Web Entry Point Services OracleTNSListenerAPPS_PROD_xxxx adalnctl.sh Failed"
              while the rest of the the services are Enabled or Started.

If I check the adalnctl.txt file I see it says
              "TNS-01101: Could not find service name APPS_PROD"
              and
              "TNS-01151: Missing listener name, APPS_PROD, in LISTENER.ORA".

So what am I missing? I looked in /u01/E-BIZ/12.1.3/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/network/admin and see a bunch of tnsnames.* files but no listener.ora.
              Unless I messed up when I ran initially configured these servers I'm surprised these templates don't just work...
              • 4. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                "TNS-01151: Missing listener name, APPS_PROD, in LISTENER.ORA".

So what am I missing? I looked in /u01/E-BIZ/12.1.3/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/network/admin and see a bunch of tnsnames.* files but no listener.ora.
                Unless I messed up when I ran initially configured these servers I'm surprised these templates don't just work...
                This indicates that the application listener is missing from the file.

As applmgr user, source the application env file and issue:

$ cd $TNS_ADMIN -- You should find the listener.ora under this directory

If the listener.ora is missing, run AutoConfig on the application tier node and it will create the file with the proper entries for you.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 5. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
                  adautocfg. I should have tried that...

But regardless, once again you have fixed me up and I appear to be up and running.

Thanks once again Hussein.
                  • 6. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
                    Hi ,
                    Please go through this article which gives you step by step guide to setting up EBS R12 from VM template. I was having similar problems like you and now its resolved.

http://www.brainsurface.com/build-your-own-private-oracle-e-business-suite-r12-platforminfrastructure-as-a-service-cloud-using-oracle-vm-templates-step-by-step-installation-a-configuration-guide

Regards
                    CP
                    • 7. Re: Oracle VM for EBS 12.1.3
                      Gyan Darpan
                      Hi,

I have installed OV Server & OV Manager 3.0 Successfully. Now i want to Cofigure R12.1.3 Template with it.

While Creating the Server Pool & I am getting No values in Location LOV. Can anybody help me out that what all the steps do i need to follow for the creation of Server Pool.

Regards,
                      Gyan