4 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2011 4:45 AM by rustam_tj RSS

how to Install Grid control for 10g (WINDOWS)

Dear All,

This is the first time i am going to test on Grid control. i have lot of droughts from the beginning...

what is the first step to install, database or grid control tool.(*Windows*)

i am downloading the below software from e-delivery

Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 5 Grid Control (10.2.0.5.0) Patch for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (Part 1 of 2)      V15628-01 Part 1 of 2      1.1G
      Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 5 Grid Control (10.2.0.5.0) Patch for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (Part 2 of 2)      V15628-01 Part 2 of 2      1.1G

Is the above software containing _10g database alone_, or its with Grid control, if its with grid control kindly let me know how to install ,, kindly don't give me oracle documents. please explain me int his blog itself or some different blogs.

Any one explain me what is the step i have to take after this,, ??

Thanks

Abdull

Edited by: user9111553 on Nov 23, 2010 12:01 AM
        • 1. Re: how to Install Grid control for 10g (WINDOWS)
          Miguel Palacios
          Hi
          You need to install the full and base version of grid control then patch to grid control 10.2.0.5
          • 2. Re: how to Install Grid control for 10g (WINDOWS)
            rustam_tj
            Hi Miguel,

Could you help me? Full and base version of what?
            For instance, i have Oracle 10.2.0.4 version and did not check EM during instalation oracle sw. So what is the first step to install and configure Grid Control? i downloaded Grid Control and read readme file. There is information that i need to install OEM and then Grid Control. did i understand right way or misunderstood? could you show me steps for implement Grid Control with 10g on Windows?

regards and thanks,
            rustam
            • 3. Re: how to Install Grid control for 10g (WINDOWS)
              fz
              Hi,

Steps to install grid control is

- As you will install on windows, install grid control 10.2.0.1 first (this will install OMS, Repository and optional database (as you have 10.2.0.4 then you might not need to install database)
              - patch to 10.2.0.5

Remember that you current database must not have any repository data (database control or grid control)
              • 4. Re: how to Install Grid control for 10g (WINDOWS)
                rustam_tj
                Hi user12187426,
                i downloaded file (i guess it's patch) from this link http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/grid-control/downloads/index.html
                -Patch Installers (Agent, OMS, and Management Packs) for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (README)

so where can i download grid control 10.2.0.1 for install OMS, Repository and optional database?

thanks and regards!