This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 25, 2011 10:24 PM by user269477 - oracle RSS

Usage Service contract, No Price, No Contract Value is coming

user2899267 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I'm creating a Usage contract line, along with an associated service item line. The associated service line is having zero price, and for the Usage line, I have indicate usage type as 'Actual by Qty' based on the business requirement. And, I'm using Counters to capture usage and then bill and Invoice accordingly.

Problem is , I see no price/Contract Value at the time of contract authoring, as Oracle posted on Support site, that Contract value is not known at the time of contract authoring, hence no contract amount is shown, but I won't even have a Price list price anywhere on the contract. The Billing program calculate the bill by looking into Pricing dynamically, and no static price stored from the price list on the contract for reference purpose.

My question is has any one worked on the usage, and if yes, how they handled these:
1) As contract needs to be signed online, by the customer, if they are not aware of unit price, how they sign it without mention of a price for the daily usage?
2) For ongoing maintenance, looking at the usage contract, how the CSR know the Daily price for the usage(if there's inquiry from the customer) and also how they know how much is billed, since even on capturing counter readings,billing, and invoicing, I see no Contract value population, or any amount population in the billing. All I can see is the Invoice amounts, which I have to access from Tools.

Any help, will be highly appreciable!
-Thank You

Edited by: user2899267 on May 24, 2011 5:51 AM
  • 1. Re: Usage Service contract, No Price, No Contract Value is coming
    user269477 - oracle Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,
    I work for EBS-Service Contracts Team.If a contract has only usage lines ,then the Contract value is not known at the time of contract authoring.This is because usage lines have counters associated.Counter readings have to captured and which cannot be give at the time of authoring.So as the contract value at the time of authoring is zero for a usage contract.

Questions Posted by you:
    1) As contract needs to be signed online, by the customer, if they are not aware of unit price, how they sign it without mention of a price for the daily usage?
    Price for usage line can be found on the contract using the following steps.
    1.Open the contract
    >Navigate to Lines Tab
    >Navigated to Pricing/Products Tab
    Place the cursor on the line for whcih you would like to know the price and click on price_breaks button
    This will let you know what price is used to calculate the amount for the captured counter readings.

2) For ongoing maintenance, looking at the usage contract, how the CSR know the Daily price for the usage(if there's inquiry from the customer) and also how they know how much is billed, since even on capturing counter readings,billing, and invoicing, I see no Contract value population, or any amount population in the billing. All I can see is the Invoice amounts, which I have to access from Tools.

After the Service Contracts Main Billing Program is run ,billed amounts are shown in the following screen.
    Please follow the steps to look at the billed amounts after the main billing program is run.
    1.Open the Contract
    >Navigate to lines
    >Navigate to pricing/products tab
    >Click on Billing
    >Go to History Tab
    Here you find the quantity and the amounts billed for each period.

Hope you are clear.Please let me know if you have any concerns/questions.

Thanks
    Swetha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points