2 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2011 5:31 AM by 864691 RSS

Deploying of Dashboards

Hi,

I deployed OBIEE, and i can transfer reports from client to server.
      But i want to know how to transfer my dashboards that i created at client from client to server.
        • 1. Re: Deploying of Dashboards
          Himanshu Rai
          The dashboards are there in the catalog folder only. It can be found by the same name of folders created as the dashboard's. The '_portal' folder in this folder holds the crux. Pls find these on the server and deploy wherever you want.
          • 2. Re: Deploying of Dashboards
            Always use the Catalog Manager which is a tool that lets you perform online and offline management of Presentation Catalogs. You can rename and delete items, and move and copy items within and between Presentation Catalogs.

choose Start > Programs > Oracle Business Intelligence > Catalog Manager

Online mode — Connects to a Presentation Catalog on a running Web server [use http://localhost:9704/analytics/saw.dll]
            Offline mode — Connects to a local file system

Select the catalog object [folder, report, dashboard] you want to copy and then select File > Archive

Open the target web catalog in the catalog manager and unarchive the archived object