This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 10:25 PM by user269477 - oracle RSS

Service 1, Service is not available for product 1.1, Product

user168599 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
In service contract, after submit for approval, the checklist come with an error that 'Service 1, Service is not available for product 1.1, Product'. I couldn't able to figure out the reason. Could someone please help. I am using R12 Vision instance.
  • 1. Re: Service 1, Service is not available for product 1.1, Product
    user269477 - oracle Newbie
    Hi,
    This error message appears when service given in the line is not available for the item defined in the subline.
    Please follow the steps to check the service availablity.
    1.Resp Service Contracts Manager Vision Enterprises.
    >SetUp
    >Contract
    >Service Availability
    Query for the service which you had mentioned in the contract.
    >Navigate to Product Tab
    Check if the check box "Generally Available " is checked or not.
    If the checkbox is checked please check if the item mentioned in subline is listed below in the exceptions block.If so please remove the item from the exceptions region.
    If the checkbox is not checked,please check it .

Reported issue will be resolved after the above steps are followed.

Thanks
  • 2. Re: Service 1, Service is not available for product 1.1, Product
    user168599 Newbie
    Buddy,

Thanks a lot, it really resove the issue. Now I am facing one more issue in creating the invoice. I activated the service contract after I submitted it for approval. And the SC status is changed to active. Now I want to create the invoice. So I went to request to run request set called 'Service Contracts Billing Set' which inclusive of 'Service Contracts Main Billing' and 'Auto invoice Import Program'

While I try enter in to the parametes of Auto invoice Import Program, it thorughs a error message saying that 'Sale order number doesn't exist. Where as the expected result is the contract number itself will be auto populated as sale order number in sale order field of parameter.

The error message as follows

'Value 22222 for the flexfield segment (low) Sales Order number does not exist in the value set
    RA_AUTOINV_SALES_ORDER."

22222 is my service contract number

Please help me to resove the issue.
  • 3. Re: Service 1, Service is not available for product 1.1, Product
    user269477 - oracle Newbie
    Please check if the Service Contracts Main Billing Program is completed succesfully.If this program fails then the autoinvoice import program cannot be completed successfully.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points