This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 3, 2011 12:24 AM by 865809 RSS

Your thoughts on entity objects and binding

866389 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey guys,

I got my first look yesterday on the new 2.0 Beta version and after reading the chapter about bindings and the new property types I got a bit skeptical.

I would like to hear your suggestions about bindings entity objects. An example would the retrieval of objects from a remote app server via RMI.

A few possible solutions that come into my mind are:

1. Create entity proxy classes on the client using the new property types and passing the values to the subject entity object
2. Create POJOs on the client which would be mapped to the entity objects using a object to object mapper like Dozer for example
3. Implement (Hibernate) custom types which would use the new property types thus coupling the server to the JavaFX API

Another example would the creation of client code to a SOAP web service or a REST service. It looks to me that this would involve extra code generation
or at least customization of the code generator to be able to use the JavaFX bindings.

Overall JavaFX 2.0 looks fantastic. I am looking forward leaving Flex behind that's for sure. There is a gap between the Java types and the AS3 types which annoys me when
it comes to client to server communication.

I hope I am missing something and/or some of you have the same concerns that I have so we can think of possible solutions and decide together more or less on the best one
or at least the best for different cases.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points