This content has been marked as final. Show 20 replies
Same problem here. After all I tried, I strongly assume it is a software bug.
My PC = Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1, Java 32-bit. My environment looks like this:
Oracle user accounts:
U1 = user 1
U2 = user 2, with DBA role on DBA_ROLE_PRIVS
DB1 = Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 22.214.171.124.0 - Production
DB2 = Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production
U1 and U2 can connect with Oracle SQL Developer 126.96.36.199.45 to DB1 and DB2.
U1 and U2 can connect with Oracle SQL Developer 3.0.04.34 to DB2.
Only U1 can connect with Oracle SQL Developer 3.0.04.34 to DB1.
Connection method in SQL Developer is the same over all tests:
simple connection + standard role + user/pass + host (name/ip) + port + sid.
Until now I tried:
- resetting all SQL Developer data (including appdata\roaming) and starting from scratch.
- disable IPv6 on my LAN adapter.
- start with administrative privileges.
- tried different versions of SQLDev 3.x
- mixed SQLDev 3.0.04.34 32 bit and 64 bit (by manually adding JDK)
Note: In SQL-Plus everything works fine.
Edited by: 861716 on 26.05.2011 09:33
I have found a solution for this problem.
It is a software bug in Oracle SQL Developer.
Just install the latest version of Oracle SQL Developer and goto HELP > INSTALL UPDATES.
There is an "Oracle Patch 11..." fixing the problem described above.
Edited by: 861716 on 08.06.2011 07:45
:) Gentleman, you have to respect others and not assume that you are very special and others just a pedestrians on your way to success. I did that, unfortunately, SQL Developer returned error, saying that all update servers like oracle.com are down. I tried that once and did not bother again. Thank you very much for help, I'm laughing, how fast technical forum becomes just a social one...