This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 10:45 PM by Daniel Redfern RSS

OIA Depolyment in tomcat

781655 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
am trying to deploy OIA 11g on Tomcat6.0 version.
While trying to do so, am getting the below error

*17:13:57,144 INFO [Config] OSCache: Getting properties from URL file:/D:/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/rbacx/WEB-INF/classes/oscache.properties for the default configuration*
*17:13:57,144 INFO [Config] OSCache: Properties read {cache.blocking=true, cache.algorithm=com.opensymphony.oscache.base.algorithm.LRUCache, cache.capacity=10000, cache.memory=true}*
*17:13:57,145 INFO [GeneralCacheAdministrator] Constructed GeneralCacheAdministrator()*
*17:13:57,145 INFO [GeneralCacheAdministrator] Creating new cache*
*17:18:00,327 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed*
*org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'messageSource' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/application-context.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'DataSourceAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/dataaccess-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'org.springframework.aop.support.JdkRegexpMethodPointcut#269997' of type [org.springframework.aop.support.JdkRegexpMethodPointcut] while setting bean property 'pointcut'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.aop.support.JdkRegexpMethodPointcut#269997' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/dataaccess-context.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditBusinessUnitAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.businessunitserviceaudit.BusinessUnitServiceAuditAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'permissionManager' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/security-context-server.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionDao' while setting bean property 'permissionDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'permissionDao' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/security-privileges-context.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceBusinessUnitUpdateDeleteAuditAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitUpdateAuditMethodBeforeAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.businessunitserviceaudit.BusinessUnitUpdateAuditMethodBeforeAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitUpdateAuditMethodBeforeAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.BusinessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditRoleAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditRoleAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.BusinessUnitServiceAuditRoleAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditRoleAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditPolicyAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditPolicyUserAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.BusinessUnitServiceAuditPolicyAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditPolicyUserAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'rbacxServiceRoleCRUDAuditAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'roleCRUDAuditAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.rbacxserviceaudit.RoleCreateAuditAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'roleCRUDAuditAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is*

I tried all the possibilities checking the jdbc.prop file, and copied the url and tried a sample java progm also. It too was working fine. Not sure where am missing the link. Can someone share your idea.
Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    Daniel Redfern Explorer
    Hi,

I have seen this issue before though I cannot for the life of me remember how I resolved this.

Can you tell me the steps you are taking to deploy OIA? I assuming you are pointing to the war file and deploying it that way instead of using the jar -xvf command? Does it create the directory when you try and start up the apache service? Does the apache service start then fail... or start and is ready when pointing to the war file?

Regards,
    Daniel
  • 2. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    781655 Newbie
    Hi Daniel,
    Below is the list of steps that i followed.
    step 1: Step up the RBACX_HOME in the environment variables.
    Step 2: Changed the jdbc.properties (mysql) with IP and host.
    Step 3: Replaced $RBACX_HOME with the proper value in iam.prop and conf-context.xml file
    Step 4: Configured the log file path in log4j.prop file.
    Step 5: Copied MySQL connector jar and jasper-jdt.jar to WEB_INF/lib folder.
    Step 6: Packed the temp file to a war for deployed with the commad "jar -cvf rbacx.war ."
    Step 7: Logged into Admin console of Tomcat 6 and deployed this Jar.

And when looking into the rbacx jar, it seems to be rbacx.war was not properly deployed. due the above said error.
    Any idea or suggestion will help me to carry forward tis issue.
    Thanks in advance.
  • 3. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    Daniel Redfern Explorer
    Yep I believe you are on the right tracks when you mention about exploding the war file. This is how I would do it

step 1: Step up the RBACX_HOME in the environment variables.
    Step 2: Changed the jdbc.properties (mysql) with IP and host.
    Step 3: Replaced $RBACX_HOME with the proper value in iam.prop and conf-context.xml file
    Step 4: Configured the log file path in log4j.prop file.
    Step 5: Place the rbacx.war file into the <apache_home>\webapps directory (don't use the jar command, let apache do its magic and explode the war file itself)
    Step 6: Run the startup.bat file (in CMD), check the progress (confirm by going to http://localhost:8080), you should see apache create a 'rbacx' directory in the webapps folder.
    Step 7: Go to the kitchen and put the kettle on, this will take a moment for the first time ;-)
    Step 8: If it throw a DB error, put the JDBC jar file for MYSQL into the WEB_INF/lib folder
    Step 9: Test the URL for OIA (http://localhost:8080/rbacx) and check if all is OK
    Step 10: Go back to the Oracle Forum and tell me how brilliant I am by rewarding me with the correct answer!!

Note: I think its -xvf not -cvf when exploding the .war file

Regards,
    Daniel
  • 4. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    781655 Newbie
    Daniel,
    I still get the same error while trying to deploy

*13:03:02,542 INFO [Config] OSCache: Getting properties from URL file:/D:/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/rbacx/WEB-INF/classes/oscache.properties for the default configuration*
    *13:03:02,542 INFO [Config] OSCache: Properties read {cache.blocking=true, cache.algorithm=com.opensymphony.oscache.base.algorithm.LRUCache, cache.capacity=10000, cache.memory=true}*
    *13:03:02,542 INFO [GeneralCacheAdministrator] Constructed GeneralCacheAdministrator()*
    *13:03:02,542 INFO [GeneralCacheAdministrator] Creating new cache*
    *13:06:35,166 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed*
    *org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'messageSource' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/application-context.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'DataSourceAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/dataaccess-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'org.springframework.aop.support.JdkRegexpMethodPointcut#1a8773c' of type [org.springframework.aop.support.JdkRegexpMethodPointcut] while setting bean property 'pointcut'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.aop.support.JdkRegexpMethodPointcut#1a8773c' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/dataaccess-context.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditBusinessUnitAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.businessunitserviceaudit.BusinessUnitServiceAuditAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'permissionManager' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/security-context-server.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionDao' while setting bean property 'permissionDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'permissionDao' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/security-privileges-context.xml]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceBusinessUnitUpdateDeleteAuditAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitUpdateAuditMethodBeforeAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.businessunitserviceaudit.BusinessUnitUpdateAuditMethodBeforeAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitUpdateAuditMethodBeforeAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.BusinessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditGlobalUserAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditRoleAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditRoleAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.BusinessUnitServiceAuditRoleAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditRoleAfterReturningAdvice' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'permissionManager' while setting bean property 'permissionManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'businessUnitServiceAuditPolicyAdvisor' defined in ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/rbacx-audit-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'businessUnitServiceAuditPolicyUserAfterReturningAdvice' of type [com.vaau.rbacx.rbacxaudit.aop.BusinessUnitServiceAuditPolicyAfterReturningAdvice] while setting bean property 'advice'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name*

Also I use the cvf commad to create the jar, not explod it

Edited by: mericaa on Jun 15, 2011 1:08 PM
  • 5. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    Daniel Redfern Explorer
    Why are you creating a jar from the rbacx file? You need to deploy the .war into the directory structure (-xvf) not converting it into a jar. To confirm, you have tried it in two different ways, 1x letting apache explode the war file itself, 2.run the jar -xvf rbacx.war command to exploid the war into a directory structure.

You shouldn't be creating any jars.

Also, I assume you have run the DB scripts to build the DB schema?

Regards,
    Daniel
  • 6. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    781655 Newbie
    There was a mistake in the last sentence. I'm creating a war file only not jar. Also i have the rbacx scheme in MySQL executed.
    Thanks
  • 7. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    Daniel Redfern Explorer
    You should not be creating a war file either. When you download OIA from the oracle website and unpack the zip, the .war file is present - use that .war file

Regards,
    Daniel
  • 8. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    781655 Newbie
    Daniel,
    As per you instruction, i have done the same downloaded a fresh new pack of "OIA_11gR1.zip".
    Unzipped it and took the rbacx.war and deployed in tomcat. I get the same error message as said above. Is there any patch that needs to be applied?
  • 9. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    Daniel Redfern Explorer
    Which goes back to my original question: Does apache explode the .war file into a directory in the same location as the .war when you start up apache

Nope, no patch is needed for a vanilla install

I have tested on

Windows 2003 Standard
    Java 1.6.0.11
    Apache 5.5.17
    Mysql server 5.1.54

and I can deploy it fine

Regards,
    Daniel
  • 10. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    781655 Newbie
    Apache, explodes the .war file as expected but with the error message give above.
    In short while exploding war itself its throwing error.
  • 11. Re: OIA Depolyment in tomcat
    Daniel Redfern Explorer
    What does it say in the apache logs?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points