5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 1:46 PM by Haisa.M RSS

Signature pad

Haisa.M
      Hello Guys,

Does anyone can help me with signature pad in apex? I have a form page in apex which when a user insert an information, he/she should sign the page, but I have no idea how can I make the signature pad work with the apex.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Atousa
        • 1. Re: Signature pad
          TexasApexDeveloper
          Unless you have some sort of device driver that will interact with the browser, you will need to think of a different way to handle this. Remember, the browser is limited as to what it can do with the local workstation..

Maybe you could find a java applet to help with this??: example: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t148025-java-signature-capture-applet.html

Also remember.. Google is a developers FRIEND: http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=871&q=signature+pad+java+applet+browser&btnG=Google+Search

Thank you,

Tony Miller
          Webster, TX

There are two kinds of pedestrians -- the quick and the dead.

If this question is answered, please mark the thread as closed and assign points where earned..
          • 2. Re: Signature pad
            Haisa.M
            Thank you for your reply. I know the limitation of browser and maybe you are right I have to think about some software to capture a signature from browser. Thanks anyway.
            • 3. Re: Signature pad
              TexasApexDeveloper
              Did you see the 1st link? It is a java applet I believe that could be used.. Maybe you could have pre-built table of signatures and user selects it from list.... What exactly are you trying to do here?

Thank you,

Tony Miller
              Webster, TX

Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas.

If this question is answered, please mark the thread as closed and assign points where earned..
              • 4. Re: Signature pad
                sky123
                I am not sure if anyone has successfully implemented the following inside APEX.

Re: e-signature

Thanks.
                Andy
                • 5. Re: Signature pad
                  Haisa.M
                  I saw this thread before but it is very confusing for me.I really don't know what those codes do!!