5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 3:18 AM by http://essbase.ru/ RSS

essbase calc script takes very long in EAS

maxellcd1999
      Version: 9.3.1

When I run calc scripts in EAS in takes 4-5 x as long as opposed to when I run the calc script on the box directly. Any suggestions as what I can do to make the scripts run as fast in EAS?
        • 1. Re: essbase calc script takes very long in EAS
          CL
          Are you sure they're the same scripts?

I have never seen a calc script take longer in EAS vs MaxL vs Esscmd. It's all server based.

Now data loads are for sure slower through EAS because the data has to go from its source, to the EAS server, to Essbase. Glenn did a nice writeup of this: http://glennschwartzbergs-essbase-blog.blogspot.com/2011/04/why-server-file-loads-are-quicker.html

But like I wrote, that is for data loads, not calc scripts.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour
          • 2. Re: essbase calc script takes very long in EAS
            maxellcd1999
            The scripts are identical.

I was thinking when you use EAS it autheticates through the admin/core server before you log into the essbase server. So I was thinking maybe there is a bottleneck that is affecting EAS.

On the server I just log into the essbase box through MaxL (no mention of the core server I am aware of, correct me if I'm wrong) and it goes by much faster.
            • 3. Re: essbase calc script takes very long in EAS
              I have the same issue, but my calcs are taking upwards of 15-20 hours and they still do not complete, it alsmost seems like essbase has an esssvr running in the background, but i have stopped all services and no running esssvr to be found, the cache is fine, the config looks fine, not sure what other objects I can check to improve performance, the calcs run fine in uat, but they are very sluggiush in prd. any thoughts, thanks
              • 4. Re: essbase calc script takes very long in EAS
                NN
                Try to run using EAS on the server. If you can notice a difference, then it is a network issue.
                With EAS, what I notice a difference in performance when updating Essbase outline, when
                doing it from the server compared from local pc in a WAN environment, where ther local PC
                is outside the main network. So, I guess it is the same thing with calculation.

I have also ever notice different performance in running Business rules (Planning) when a user from overseas
                execute the business rules compared to local user execute exactly the same business rules.
                So, I guess network performance contribute to calc performance.
                • 5. Re: essbase calc script takes very long in EAS
                  http://essbase.ru/
                  Do you have eq of data in UAT and PROD ?
                  What value of your's average clusterng ratio ?
                  Do you restructure PROD ?

Please provide CalcScript body, may be I can help optimise )