This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2011 10:49 AM by 866264 RSS

Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards

866264 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Below error pops when i am trying to use mapviewer map in OBIEE dashboard with dashboard prompt.

[MVMapView.transformGeom] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><mcs_error>MCSServlet:Invalid or Stale Connection found in the Connection Cache</mcs_error>
)

without nsdp section in the map (.html) file it works fine . if i use nsdp function to filter the map using OBIEE data (dashboard prompt) then the above error pops up.

Earlier all maps worked fine with old datasource. problem is when using new datasource with same data (new tier). have no idea if there are some additional steps to follow in setting up the database . we simply loaded shapefiles into database and created the metadata as far as the database setup goes. apart from that all mapviewer files seem fine.

any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
  • 1. Re: Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards
    jsharma Pro
    Does restarting, just MapViewer, may any differnce? If the error is due to a old jdbc connection then restarting mapviewer should clear it up.
  • 2. Re: Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards
    866264 Newbie
    Hi,

I restarted mapviewer, it made no difference. I guess the error is not due to old jdbc connection.
    I am able to show maps which do not use bi answers data for any kind of interaction (i.e,no "nsdp" section in the map file). this works fine. if i am using any dashboard prompt to filter the map ( for example if want to see a particular county from a statewide map using dashboard prompt as filter) it is giving error.
  • 3. Re: Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards
    jsharma Pro
    Are you using a container data source?

Also does the error occurs whenever you display a predefined theme. (i.e. something which needs a db connection).

Another way to test it is to create a new datasource pointing to the same db and schema and use that ds name instead.

If it works then it's a jdbc connection issue.
    If it does not work then it's something else, probably at the db level. In which case MapBuilder should fail too when trying to preview those themes.
  • 4. Re: Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards
    866264 Newbie
    sorry, i copy pasted wrong error message in my question the actual error i am concerned about is

*[MVThemeBasedFOIControl.foiLoaded] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (MAPVIEWER-06009: Error processing an FOI request.*
    Root cause:FOIServlet:Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 1)

I am not using the container datasource. There are no issues at the map builder level all the metadata renders fine.

There are two databases with same set of data. one is poc which was created by some one else. so we had to setup new schema to properly define all the data.
    so problem occurs when using new schema as datasource.

followed these steps in setting up new schema:

->initially did not run any scripts nor created mvdemo , started clean and loaded the required tables using map builder from GIS shape files with geometry projected to world_mercator(54004). on the contrary POC schema two geometry columns in each table where one is actual coordinate system from GIS file and then it is projected to world_mercator system and loaded into second column using sql. all the geometry indexes looked similar.

->created all the mapping metadata exactly same as the POC. where all the themes uses world_mercator geometry.

both schemas are on same database. i have no idea of what causing the error when i use dashboard prompts. i am not sure if there are additional steps to be followed in creating database or if something else is missing some where. i have no prior experience with mapviewer and oracle spatial. this is kind of learning curve for me.
  • 5. Re: Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards
    jsharma Pro
    It's likely that the sql array datatypes used in NSDP themes are not defined in the new database schema.

See Sec 1.4.4.3 of the user guide. http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/products/mapviewer/mapviewer11ps4_ug.pdf
    1.4.4.3 Creating MapViewer Array Types, if Necessary
    For each database schema that it connects to, MapViewer checks for the existence of
    the following SQL array types that support array-type binding variables that might
    exist in some predefined themes:
    ■ MV_STRINGLIST
    ■ MV_NUMBERLIST
    MV_DATELIST
    If these types do not exist, MapViewer attempts to create them in the database schema
    associated with the MapViewer data source. However, if the user associated with that
    schema does not have sufficient privileges to create new types, a privileged user must
    create the types by connecting to the data source schema and entering the following
    statements:
    CREATE or REPLACE type MV_STRINGLIST as TABLE of VARCHAR2(1000);
    CREATE or REPLACE type MV_NUMBERLIST as TABLE of NUMBER;
    CREATE or REPLACE type MV_DATELIST as TABLE of DATE;
  • 6. Re: Error loading mapviewer map inside OBIEE 10g dashboards
    866264 Newbie
    thank you so much, that helps a lot.

will try that and see if that resolves my issue.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points